need to capture data from browser control back into VB
Author Message
 need to capture data from browser control back into VB

I have a VB application that needs to invoke a URL behind the scenes (not
displayed).  This URL will invoke a process on a specified web server and
generate some html that I would like to capture in my VB code (as a string,
maybe) and pass on to another process.

I have used the Microsoft Internet Controls in the past, specifically the
SHDocVw.InternetExplorer.  Is that the object I would want to use in this
case or is there a better one?  I believe I could use this control and call
the URL without actually showing the window.  That does not look like it
would be a problem.  But, how would I get the returned HTML?  Is there a
property or method on this control to get at it?  Or is there a better
control or API?

Thanks, Brian

Sun, 01 May 2005 05:03:20 GMT
 need to capture data from browser control back into VB

Quote:

> I have a VB application that needs to invoke a URL behind the scenes
> (not displayed).  This URL will invoke a process on a specified web
> server and generate some html that I would like to capture in my VB
> code (as a string, maybe) and pass on to another process.

> I have used the Microsoft Internet Controls in the past, specifically
> the SHDocVw.InternetExplorer.  Is that the object I would want to use
> in this case or is there a better one?  I believe I could use this
> control and call the URL without actually showing the window.  That
> does not look like it would be a problem.  But, how would I get the
> returned HTML?  Is there a property or method on this control to get
> at it?  Or is there a better control or API?

> Thanks, Brian

Have a looksee at the HTTPDownloader available on my webpage. Just set the
SaveMode to BufferedMem and you get the data in the DownloadComplete event.

Enjoy!

--
Max Bolingbroke MCP
http://www.bolingbroke.net/novanet/

Sun, 01 May 2005 05:29:05 GMT
 need to capture data from browser control back into VB
If you use IE, QueryInterface for IPersistFile or IPersistStreamInit
on the .document and call .Save(). This gives you "raw" HTML.

on IE >= 5.0 you can also use the IHtml3-interfaces,
especially documentelement, which gives you sometimes slightly
corrected HTML.

HTH

thomas

Quote:
> I have a VB application that needs to invoke a URL behind the scenes (not
> displayed).  This URL will invoke a process on a specified web server and
> generate some html that I would like to capture in my VB code (as a
string,
> maybe) and pass on to another process.

> I have used the Microsoft Internet Controls in the past, specifically the
> SHDocVw.InternetExplorer.  Is that the object I would want to use in this
> case or is there a better one?  I believe I could use this control and
call
> the URL without actually showing the window.  That does not look like it
> would be a problem.  But, how would I get the returned HTML?  Is there a
> property or method on this control to get at it?  Or is there a better
> control or API?

> Thanks, Brian

Sun, 01 May 2005 16:21:07 GMT

1. capture PDF form data using web browser control

2. capture PDF form data using web browser control

3. Need to Disable Browser's Back and Forward Buttons

4. Capturing data sent from Internet browser to host

5. how do I indentify new data from the server to the browser in a browser control

6. Where do I find Magnetic Card readers + Vb Data capture control

7. Saving HTML page back to disk (web browser control)

8. Need urgent help with browser control under VB.NET

9. Need urgent help with browser control under VB.NET

10. can my VB app pass data to the web browser control?...how to

11. Returning data from a webpage to the web browser control in VB

12. limit down query result and data transfer back to client machine : advice needed