File Download Prompt?
Author Message
 File Download Prompt?

Please help.

I have a VB script that download a file from a web site using http protocol.

Here is what I have so far:

Public WithEvents IE As SHDocVw.InternetExplorer

Sub StartExplorer()
    Set IE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
    IE.Visible = True
    Dim strURL As String
    For i = 0 To 10
        strURL =
"htpp://www.mywebsite.com?s=1&a=6&b=5&c=1998&d=9&e=6&f=1999&g=d&q=q&y=0&z=1&
x=.csv"
        IE.Navigate strURL
    Next
End Sub

The script connects to the web server and a File Download dialog appears.
How do I respond to the File Download
dialog in the script?  I would like to do "Save this file to disk" and click
OK.  Furthermore, after I press the
OK button, the Save As dialog appears.  Again, I would like to automate this
proces by automatically fill in the
file name and press "Save".

-TIA
-Jake

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Running a local bat file without the download dialog box prompt

2. VBD prompts file download in Windows 2000

3. ActiveX not prompting for download

4. EXECWB - to prompt or not to prompt

5. Auto Download of doc files into new doc file from a web site

6. SCRIPT using ADO file download empty file

7. Download Files without File dialog box ?

8. How to download file to append existing file?..

9. importing files prompt code?

10. Prompt for save depending on file path

11. Prompting a user for the name of a file to import

12. importing a text file - prompt for choice