Internet Transfer Control In COM
Author Message
 Internet Transfer Control In COM

I want to use the internet transfer control in a COM object so I

private withevents ITC as Inet

When I

set ITC = new Inet

I get an error regarding invalid use of New.  The intellisense didn't actually
offer me the choice but I tried any way because when I didn't do anything I got
the

error 91 Object variable or with block not set

How do I use this control without using a form?

Mon, 26 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Internet Transfer Control In COM
Try this way:

Sub Main()

Dim ic As Object  ' << Inet Transfer Control

Set ic = CreateObject("InetCtls.Inet.1")

' do something with it
' <your code here>
ic.URL = "http://www.microsoft.com"
' <and here>

Set ic = Nothing  ' destroy object

End Sub

- Jani

Quote:

>I want to use the internet transfer control in a COM object so I

>private withevents ITC as Inet

>When I

>set ITC = new Inet

>I get an error regarding invalid use of New.  The intellisense didn't
actually
>offer me the choice but I tried any way because when I didn't do anything I
got
>the

>error 91 Object variable or with block not set

Sun, 10 Aug 2003 10:50:34 GMT
 Internet Transfer Control In COM

Quote:
>Try this way:

I wouldn't. Microsoft specifically state that they do not support using
the ITC from ASP, or from VB when the ITC is not placed on a form.

There are other ways of doing this. Have a look through some of the VB
web sites and you'll find code written that is safe to use.

--
Alan Silver
Please remove the "{*filter*}ferret" if replying by e-mail

Mon, 11 Aug 2003 21:59:04 GMT

1. Internet transfer control form COM

2. Internet Transfer Control in COM Object

3. Internet Transfer Control and ASCII transfer Help?

4. Internet Transfer Control and ASCII transfer Help?

5. Internet Transfer Control stalls transfer abruptly

6. Setting transfer type in Internet Transfer Control

7. Internet Transfer Control and ASCII transfer Help?

8. HOWTO: Securely transfer a file using the Internet Transfer Control

9. Internet Internet Transfer control

10. Disconnecting for Internet After Using Internet Transfer Control

11. FTP control (Internet Transfer Control)

12. Monitoring Data Transfer of Internet Transfer Contol