Webbrowser--truncation
Author Message
 Webbrowser--truncation

I have a simple VB app that allows the user to enter information (HTML) in a
text box.  Beside the text box is an Webbrowser Control that displays what
the
user has entered, i.e., it translates the text box HTML and displays the
information as it would appear in a browser.

It works fine--except, there seems to be a limit to how many characters the
Internet Control wants to handle, at which time it truncates.

Is there a way (property, ...) that can be set to extend the lenght of
information displayed in the Internet Control?  Or, am I missing something
else?

Al Kaufman

Tue, 27 May 2003 21:56:31 GMT
 Webbrowser--truncation
Hi,

Al Kaufman schrieb:

Quote:
> Beside the text box is an Webbrowser Control that displays what the
> user has entered,
> It works fine--except, there seems to be a limit to how many characters the
> Internet Control wants to handle, at which time it truncates.

How, do you put the HTML-Code in the BrowserControl?

If you do it by using

WebBrowser1.Navigate("about:" & yourHTMLstring)

there is a limit of th lenght.

The best way is, to create a temporary file and display it in the Webbrowser.

HTH

Chris

--
Christopher Kleinheitz Offenburg Germany
Die Welt ist eine Datenbank

Wed, 28 May 2003 16:03:55 GMT

1. Err 3759 Scaling of decimal value resulted in data truncation

2. A2k: truncation of field values

3. Text field truncation problem

4. Getting ADO Error- String Truncation

5. Getting ADO Error - String Truncation

6. Random truncation of results

7. Numeric truncation problem with RDO and Oracle

8. 255 Chars Truncation in DAO for Oracle

9. Truncation

10. Problem: Filename truncation while saving attachments using MAPI

11. Filename truncation problem in VB5 dev. environment

12. font size problems - occasional truncation