VB? how to inner join two tables in two MS Access database
Author Message
 VB? how to inner join two tables in two MS Access database

Hi Mike,

The way I did it was to open the current db in a connection, then use the
SELECT INTO  clause. I'm sure you could use an inner join as well (have not
tested)

strMoveQuery = "SELECT * INTO [" & vtmpListforTableCmp & "] IN '" &
dsnActiveDB & "' FROM [" & vtmpListforTableCmp & "]"

Hope this helps,
Rich Lemmermann
TechArts Engineer
www.techarts.com

PS: I spent hours trying to develop code to do what that statement does LOL

Quote:

> I am using VB to program a query:

> sql = "update company inner join removelist on company.fax=removelist.fax"
& _
> " set company.remark= 'remove'"
> db.Execute sql

> company and removelist is two table in one MDB file,
> but if I want to put company table in A.MDB,
> removelist table in B.MDB

> how should I change the sql
> or any other way can do that.

Sat, 15 May 2004 23:36:25 GMT

1. Joining two tables from two databases

2. Performing an INNER JOIN in two different databases.

3. Linking two Access tables in two databases

4. Here's a sticky wicket - joining two tables on two diffrent servers with ADO

5. Table join between two tables in different databases

6. VB5-DB:INNER JOIN on two crosstab recordsets?

7. Joining two tables from different databases

8. Join two tables from seperate databases

9. Table join between two different databases (MSSQL 6.5)

10. Two tables, two databases

11. Linking two tables from two diferent databases.

12. Open Two Database with Two System.Mda and Two different User Names and Password