validating user with webbrowser or internet transfer control
Author Message
 validating user with webbrowser or internet transfer control

Hello.  I am trying to use the webbrowser control to request a restricted
page programatically (no user interaction).  Since the page is SSL
encrypted, I think that basic authentication will suffice (correct me if I'm
wrong).  I see that the webbrowser control can have additional headers for
this purpose, but I haven't seen any examples of this.

Any VB examples of using the Navigate method with authentication would be
greatly appreciated.

If I am better off using another control, please let me know.  But I like
the price of the webbrowser or inet controls.  :)

Mon, 25 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 validating user with webbrowser or internet transfer control
Erich,

    SSL and basic authentication are two different matters.

    SSL requires the use of certificates for validation of identity and uses
encryption.

    If you are going to use basic authentication then you will want to add
the following header to the headers passed to the server:

Authorization: Basic <username:password>

Where username is the username and password is the password.  I believe the
username:password combo has to be base64 encoded as well.

--
                         - Nicholas Paldino

Tue, 26 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 validating user with webbrowser or internet transfer control
You could also use an URL like

done by the system and you couldn't care less.

--
Winfried Kaiser, Fortune Systems GmbH & Co.
Germany

Web: http://www.fortune.de

Sun, 31 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. validating user with webbrowser or internet transfer control

2. validating user with webbrowser or internet transfer control

3. WebBrowser and Internet Transfer Control

4. Internet Transfer Control(HTTP user Athentication)

5. Internet Transfer Control and ASCII transfer Help?

6. Internet Transfer Control and ASCII transfer Help?

7. Internet Transfer Control stalls transfer abruptly

8. Setting transfer type in Internet Transfer Control

9. Internet Transfer Control and ASCII transfer Help?

10. HOWTO: Securely transfer a file using the Internet Transfer Control

11. Internet Internet Transfer control

12. Disconnecting for Internet After Using Internet Transfer Control