help ripping apart an web site (inet control possible)
Author Message
 help ripping apart an web site (inet control possible)

we do lots of work for the militray and many of their part drawings are on
the internet as .c4 files. I need to write a program that will rip apart the
website looking for these file extensions and open and save the contents
which are download sites. It is very time consuming for someone to click on
all the urls that go with these drawings. can anyone help me out?  I was
directed to the inet object but i really do not see much doumentation on how
to use it.  A typical website is below.

https://www-tdps.tacom.army.mil/ATDPS/6150013500181/MAIN.HTM

Hal

Tue, 24 May 2005 20:16:27 GMT
 help ripping apart an web site (inet control possible)

Quote:

>we do lots of work for the militray and many of their part drawings are on
>the internet as .c4 files. I need to write a program that will rip apart the
>website looking for these file extensions and open and save the contents
>which are download sites. It is very time consuming for someone to click on
>all the urls that go with these drawings. can anyone help me out?  I was
>directed to the inet object but i really do not see much doumentation on how
>to use it.  A typical website is below.

>https://www-tdps.tacom.army.mil/ATDPS/6150013500181/MAIN.HTM

>Hal

Brian gave you a good answer in your previous thread. What was wrong with that
answer?

Wed, 25 May 2005 01:13:39 GMT
 help ripping apart an web site (inet control possible)
You can do this with the IP*Works! HTTP control (www.nsoftware.com/download/).  How easy it is probably depends on if you have a pre-set
list of all the .c4 files, or if you'd have to spider the website to find them.

Lance

----
Lance R.
http://www.nsoftware.com
IP*Works! Internet Developers Toolkit

we do lots of work for the militray and many of their part drawings are on>
the internet as .c4 files. I need to write a program that will rip apart the>
website looking for these file extensions and open and save the contents>
which are download sites. It is very time consuming for someone to click on>
all the urls that go with these drawings. can anyone help me out?  I was>
directed to the inet object but i really do not see much doumentation on how>
to use it.  A typical website is below.>
https://www-tdps.tacom.army.mil/ATDPS/6150013500181/MAIN.HTM>

Quote:

Sun, 05 Jun 2005 03:18:31 GMT
 help ripping apart an web site (inet control possible)
Why don't you just use the ZIP file link at the bottom of the page,
where they zip up all the C4's for you ?

Quote:
>You can do this with the IP*Works! HTTP control (www.nsoftware.com/download/).  How easy it is probably depends on if you have a pre-set
>list of all the .c4 files, or if you'd have to spider the website to find them.

>Lance

>----
>Lance R.
>http://www.nsoftware.com
>IP*Works! Internet Developers Toolkit

>we do lots of work for the militray and many of their part drawings are on>
>the internet as .c4 files. I need to write a program that will rip apart the>
>website looking for these file extensions and open and save the contents>
>which are download sites. It is very time consuming for someone to click on>
>all the urls that go with these drawings. can anyone help me out?  I was>
>directed to the inet object but i really do not see much doumentation on how>
>to use it.  A typical website is below.>

>https://www-tdps.tacom.army.mil/ATDPS/6150013500181/MAIN.HTM>

Quote:
>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~

http://helpthecritters.com/ is my domain for helping critters !!!

My personal site is at  http://www.pmilligan.net ,
featuring free HVAC, psychrometric, stock market, and other software

"Those who say a thing can not be done
should get out of the way of those
who are actually doing it."

Sun, 05 Jun 2005 04:14:09 GMT

1. how to rip content from a web-site?

2. how to rip content from a web-site?

3. Display web site directory in ListBox control using Inet

4. Connect to web site via proxy server using Inet control

5. Detecting bad web site in web browser control

6. INet Control in VB6 to Browse FTP site???

7. inet control not working with site

8. Webbrowser control and secure sites - possible?

9. FYI - New Web Site Security Issue - Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability

10. Site Maps - for web site

11. Best site for freelancer work (PHP, Web site, java, oracle sql, php, data entry)

12. Saving web pages to file using webBrowser or inet control