WebBrowser problem (shdocvw.dll)
Author Message
 WebBrowser problem (shdocvw.dll)

Hi,

In my VB6 App, I just added a form with a single Webbrowser object. At load
time, this form opens on a given URL. Everything is fine in my development
system (W2K).

Now, I install this app on a Win98, portable system. And right after the
reboot, everything turns to a nightmare : the system does not work, the file
explorer errors out, system is locked, I just cant reboot normally...

Finaly I had to REINSTALL a new Win98 system. And did the following tests :

1)Reinstalled my App as is : same results, everything is screwed up again.
2)Reinstall a new Win 98, modify my App to take the Webbrowser out, install
the app : Now everything (else) works fine (of course not the web browsing,
yo bet).

So, definitely, the problem is given by the Webbrowser object. Any
suggestion?

Regards

Georges Bessis

Fri, 30 May 2003 07:11:38 GMT
 WebBrowser problem (shdocvw.dll)
I had similar problem with an application using some internet services,
developed under W2K and installed under W98. The symptoms was: during
installation of the app on the W98 system, the installer asked to reboot
'cause "some components are out of date and need to be replaced". At new
boot, the system crashed with a "Explorer page fault error" displaying an
empty desktop without icons and without systray. I thought it was a problem
with Internet components, and since W2K comes with IE5, i did an "emergency
boot" on the W98 machine, using progman as shell, and installed IE5. The PC
rebooted normally, so I re-installed the app and everything is gone OK.
Perhaps the thing could work also by re-compiling the app in a W98/IE4
environment, I will check this solution in the future. Anyway, maybe you can
solve your problem installing IE5 on your laptop before installing your app.

Quote:

:

> 1)Reinstalled my App as is : same results, everything is screwed up again.
> 2)Reinstall a new Win 98, modify my App to take the Webbrowser out,
install
> the app : Now everything (else) works fine (of course not the web
browsing,
> yo bet).

> So, definitely, the problem is given by the Webbrowser object. Any
> suggestion?

> Regards

> Georges Bessis

Sat, 07 Jun 2003 21:55:53 GMT
 WebBrowser problem (shdocvw.dll)
George, I am no expert, but have used this control in an application of my
own. This answer may be incorrect, but I thought that I would let you know
how I overcame my problems. I built my app using the webbrowser control BUT
I left shdocvw.dll out of the distribution - making sure that IE 5 was
already installed on the machines. This way things worked for me -
distribute shdocvw.dll and I had extensive errors. Let me know if this
helps.

Best wishes

Paul Bromley

Quote:
> Hi,

> In my VB6 App, I just added a form with a single Webbrowser object. At
load
> time, this form opens on a given URL. Everything is fine in my development
> system (W2K).

> Now, I install this app on a Win98, portable system. And right after the
> reboot, everything turns to a nightmare : the system does not work, the
file
> explorer errors out, system is locked, I just cant reboot normally...

> Finaly I had to REINSTALL a new Win98 system. And did the following tests
:

> 1)Reinstalled my App as is : same results, everything is screwed up again.
> 2)Reinstall a new Win 98, modify my App to take the Webbrowser out,
install
> the app : Now everything (else) works fine (of course not the web
browsing,
> yo bet).

> So, definitely, the problem is given by the Webbrowser object. Any
> suggestion?

> Regards

> Georges Bessis

Sun, 24 Aug 2003 04:33:28 GMT

1. No dependencies for shdocvw.dll, setup fails to register shdocvw.dll

2. How to get at the HTTP return code with shdocvw .webbrowser or shdocvw.InternetE£xplorer objects

3. please help !!! SHDOCVW.dll ,webbrowser and amovie

4. IE4 - WebBrowser Control - SHDOCVW.DLL - VB5

5. SHDOCVW.DLL and WebBrowser

6. please help !!! SHDOCVW.dll ,webbrowser and amovie

7. shdocvw.dll - webbrowser control

8. WebBrowser Control Question (ShDocVw.dll)

9. Using the WebBrowser control (shdocvw.dll)

10. shdocvw.dll - webbrowser control

11. regsvr32 shdocvw.dll (Webbrowser control)

12. Registering Webbrowser object within SHDOCVW.DLL