Help Can't See ActiveX Document (.vbd) in Netscape Communicator 4.0
Author Message
 Help Can't See ActiveX Document (.vbd) in Netscape Communicator 4.0

All,

I am developing a web application that both IE 4.0 and Netscape
Communicator 4.0 must be able to run.  My "object" is an activex
document .vbd file works fine when I access using IE 4.0 (no real
surprise here) but I cannot even see the application in Netscape.  My
question is do I need a special plug-in in order to use ActiveX in
Netscape.  I have the NPWrap.dll Activex container plug-in which I
thought was enough but maybe not.  Please help!!

Thanks
Tim

Mon, 03 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Help Can't See ActiveX Document (.vbd) in Netscape Communicator 4.0

Netscape does not support ActiveX at all.  I dont believe you can use an
ActiveX Doc withouth IE.  I do know that there is a plug in availble
from NCompass Labs that is supposed to allow netscape to use Active X
controls, but this plug in is a joke, and very difficult to use, trust
me!

Quote:

> All,

> I am developing a web application that both IE 4.0 and Netscape
> Communicator 4.0 must be able to run.  My "object" is an activex
> document .vbd file works fine when I access using IE 4.0 (no real
> surprise here) but I cannot even see the application in Netscape.  My
> question is do I need a special plug-in in order to use ActiveX in
> Netscape.  I have the NPWrap.dll Activex container plug-in which I
> thought was enough but maybe not.  Please help!!

> Thanks
> Tim

Mon, 03 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help Can't See ActiveX Document (.vbd) in Netscape Communicator 4.0

2. Can't download my first .VBD/.CAB ActiveX Document

3. Can't run VBD files (ActiveX document) in IE

4. Can't download my first .VBD/.CAB ActiveX Document

5. Display a VBD file from an ActiveX Document Server DLL in a HTML Document

6. Activex document .vbd missing association

7. Problem with viewing ActiveX documents (.VBD) on a client Windows station

8. VB5 ActiveX Documents (HTM vs VBD)

9. Missing ActiveX Document (*.vbd) when packaging and deploying

10. ActiveX document(VBD) download success and failure

11. How to set the ActiveX EXE Document (vbd) property in HTML (ASP) page

12. ActiveX document(VBD) download success and failure