Remove ScrollBars from WebBrowser control
Author Message
 Remove ScrollBars from WebBrowser control

Is there any way to remove the WebBrowser control's right hand scroll bar?
The initial window of my app is really a borderless form with a WebBrowser
control displaying a web page that makes up the initial window. But the
display of the scroll bar --even though no portion of the page being
displayed is scrollable-- distracts from the interface. Is there a way to
remove the scroll bar? Perhaps via some API trick?

Thanks!

BB

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 07:16:25 GMT
 Remove ScrollBars from WebBrowser control
If the design of the HTML page is within your control, try

    body {overflow:visible}

Barry Evans
Canberra, Australia
--

Is there any way to remove the WebBrowser control's right hand scroll bar?
The initial window of my app is really a borderless form with a WebBrowser
control displaying a web page that makes up the initial window. But the
display of the scroll bar --even though no portion of the page being
displayed is scrollable-- distracts from the interface. Is there a way to
remove the scroll bar? Perhaps via some API trick?

Thanks!

BB

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 08:10:26 GMT
 Remove ScrollBars from WebBrowser control
Thanks! That worked great! Neat trick. Now if I could just get rid of the 3D
look to the top and left border. I've tried making the WebBrowser control
slightly larger than the Form itself --even though I have the Form flat
property = True. So I know its the WebBrowser control that is providing the
3D effect I want to get rid of. You wouldn't know how to get rid of it as
well would you?

BB

Quote:
> If the design of the HTML page is within your control, try

>     body {overflow:visible}

> Barry Evans
> Canberra, Australia
> --

> Is there any way to remove the WebBrowser control's right hand scroll bar?
> The initial window of my app is really a borderless form with a WebBrowser
> control displaying a web page that makes up the initial window. But the
> display of the scroll bar --even though no portion of the page being
> displayed is scrollable-- distracts from the interface. Is there a way to
> remove the scroll bar? Perhaps via some API trick?

> Thanks!

> BB

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 08:59:17 GMT
 Remove ScrollBars from WebBrowser control
Put the WebBrowser control in a PictureBox:

Private Sub Form_Resize()

    Picture1.Appearance = 0
    Picture1.BorderStyle = 0
    Picture1.ScaleMode = vbPixels
    WebBrowser1.Move -2, -2, Picture1.Width + 4, Picture1.Height + 4

End Sub

Rob

Quote:
> Thanks! That worked great! Neat trick. Now if I could just get rid of the
3D
> look to the top and left border. I've tried making the WebBrowser control
> slightly larger than the Form itself --even though I have the Form flat
> property = True. So I know its the WebBrowser control that is providing
the
> 3D effect I want to get rid of. You wouldn't know how to get rid of it as
> well would you?

> BB

> > If the design of the HTML page is within your control, try

> >     body {overflow:visible}

> > Barry Evans
> > Canberra, Australia
> > --

> > Is there any way to remove the WebBrowser control's right hand scroll
bar?
> > The initial window of my app is really a borderless form with a
WebBrowser
> > control displaying a web page that makes up the initial window. But the
> > display of the scroll bar --even though no portion of the page being
> > displayed is scrollable-- distracts from the interface. Is there a way
> > remove the scroll bar? Perhaps via some API trick?

> > Thanks!

> > BB

Fri, 07 Oct 2005 05:39:28 GMT

1. Remove ScrollBars from WebBrowser control

2. Webbrowser control remove scrollbars

3. browser control and scrollbars (removing)

4. Help - Hiding Scrollbars from WebBrowser Control.

5. How to disable the scrollbars from webbrowser control...

6. turn off scrollbars in webbrowser control ??

7. Scrollbars in WebBrowser control

8. Remove scrollbar from webbrowser control

9. Reduce or remove the right click menu in the webbrowser control

10. remove window scrollbars

11. remove scrollbars

12. Removing scrollbars