Browser in VB 5?
Author Message
 Browser in VB 5?

HI
I am pretty new to VisualBasic.
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to create a stand alone Web Browser
that can handle HTML, gif, and jpeg files?

Thanks
Rusty

Thu, 21 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Browser in VB 5?
Sure Can!

Easiest way is New Project - Add Component "Microsoft Internet Control"
(Not Internet Transfer Control - Which can be used with more code).  Only
need one line of code in Form_Load Event:

WebBrowser1.Navigate "http://YourUrl.Com"

Starting project will open Browser to the assigned URL.  Now add all the
Flash such as buttons and textboxes, etc.

Be sure to use the Object Viewer under the VIEW menu to see all the
pieces/parts of the WebBrowser - Look under SHO.... library.

Quote:

>HI
>I am pretty new to VisualBasic.
>Can anyone tell me if it is possible to create a stand alone Web Browser
>that can handle HTML, gif, and jpeg files?

>Thanks
>Rusty

Sun, 24 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB : Change Url of an activated browser within VB

2. Changing Printer Setup within the browser with VB Script

3. How to open an Internet-adress using the default browser from VB

4. opening the default web browser in VB

5. Help with web browsers in VB 6

6. Excel inside Browser inside VB App

7. How to open an Internet-adress using the default browser from VB

8. Launching a Browser from VB ???

9. Sending URL to Open Browser in VB

10. Please, How 2 Open System Browser In VB!

11. Launch Default Web Browser from VB?

12. Sending url to web browser via VB