The address bar in My Computer/Windows Explorer
Author Message
 The address bar in My Computer/Windows Explorer

I use win2000 and vb6.

How do I from a vb program read the content of the address bar in My
Computer / Windows Explorer?

Sincerely,

Jan Nordgreen

Tue, 01 Jun 2004 11:06:02 GMT
 The address bar in My Computer/Windows Explorer

Hello Jan,

My name is Lily. Thank you for using the Microsoft VB Newsgroups.

I suggest you use Win32API FindWindow to find the ?My computer?, and then call EnumChildWindows recursively. You should be able to find
Windows hierarchy like below: CabinetClass (?My computer? top window) -> WorkerW -> ReBarWindow32 ->ComboBoxEx32. The ComboBoxEx32 is the
address bar you saw on the screen.

Hope it helps. If you have any questions, please reply to this post.

Best Regards,

Lily Zheng

Microsoft Support

Want to know more? Check out the MSDN at msdn.microsoft.com or the Microsoft Knowledge Base at support.microsoft.com

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. Copy right, 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Sun, 06 Jun 2004 08:58:12 GMT
 The address bar in My Computer/Windows Explorer
Dear Lily,

Thank you for your answer.

Could you please give me some code indicating how to do this?

Sincerely,

Jan Nordgreen

Quote:

Microsoft Knowledge Base at support.microsoft.com

rights. You assume all risk for your use. Copy right, 2001 Microsoft
Corporation. All rights reserved.

Fri, 11 Jun 2004 00:45:02 GMT

1. Need Information - Explorer Bar like in Windows Explorer/Outlook Express

2. Activating the Internet Explorer address bar with VBA or Word Basic

3. VB monitoring internet explorer address bar text

4. VB monitoring internet explorer address bar text

5. VB monitoring internet explorer address bar text

6. status bar on Windows Explorer

7. how kill the windows explorer in windows 2000.

8. Integrating to Windows Explorer and Windows 2000

9. How to show diffenent texts in Title Bar and Windows Task Bar

10. How to show diffenent Texts in Title Bar and Windows Task Bar

11. Default Explorer to My Computer

12. VBA macro to invoke Internet Explorer session open to particular address