yep, winsock again!
Author Message
 yep, winsock again!

Hi there,

I have a client-server application. The client receives allot of data from
the server. In the Winsock_DataArrival event, at the client side, I parse
the data. The problem I have is when parsing the data, the client seems to
be frozen. In other words, if the user for instance, tries to resize the
form he doesn't get any response until the winsock finishes parsing the
data. I've tried the DoEvents statement but I didn't get the result I
wanted.

Is there any work around?

Paul S

Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:23:43 GMT
 yep, winsock again!
Afraid not, unless you put the parsing code in an activex exe and use that
instead. I would not reccomend this until you have tried DoEvents more
though.

Max Bolingbroke

Quote:
> Hi there,

> I have a client-server application. The client receives allot of data from
> the server. In the Winsock_DataArrival event, at the client side, I parse
> the data. The problem I have is when parsing the data, the client seems to
> be frozen. In other words, if the user for instance, tries to resize the
> form he doesn't get any response until the winsock finishes parsing the
> data. I've tried the DoEvents statement but I didn't get the result I
> wanted.

> Is there any work around?

> Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
> Paul S

Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:41:54 GMT

1. Yep

2. Help with API ChangeDisplaySettingsEx -- yep I'm lost

3. Listen again on a Winsock control

4. Some more questions on Winsock Control again....

5. Listen again on a Winsock control

6. VBA on again off again

7. Printer object again and again

8. Again and Again, Bold text in a Listview

9. **** H E L P - Disk Full message (again, and again, and again).....

10. **** H E L P - Disk Full message (again, and again, and again).....

11. winsock problem sending large strings (winsock.senddata)

12. Multiple Winsock-Connections to a server AND Winsock-Connection to a server minimized in systray