Check internet for update
Author Message
 Check internet for update

Hi

I writting a little app. and want a option to check for a update trough the
internet
i have a file on my homepage server named versioninfo.txt
its just containing : 1.0.0

How can i compare this with a label on a form

Plz help......

Greetz
Dennis

ps
check my new forum at http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 09 Aug 2004 23:28:50 GMT
 Check internet for update
Just use some TCP or HTTP component to issue an HTTP GET to your server for
your version file.  Then parse what you get back and compare it to the label
caption.  For example, with IP*Works! (www.nsoftware.com/download.asp) you
would just say:

HTTP1.Get "www.yourserver.com/versioninfo.txt"
if HTTP1.TransferredData = Label1.Caption then
    'version is up to date
else
    'update needed
end if

Lance

--
Download IP*Works! Internet Toolkit at www.nsoftware.com.
Includes over 30 components for .Net, VB, Delphi, etc.  SOAP, HTTP, FTP,

Quote:
> Hi

> I writting a little app. and want a option to check for a update trough
the
> internet
> i have a file on my homepage server named versioninfo.txt
> its just containing : 1.0.0

> How can i compare this with a label on a form

> Plz help......

> Greetz
> Dennis

> ps
> check my new forum at http://dutchrealm-forum.webhop.net

Sat, 14 Aug 2004 05:58:26 GMT

1. Subject: check out free internet software to publish any odbc database information ??Subject: check out free internet software to publish any odbc database information ??

2. checking internet connection from .net

3. Check Internet Connection

4. Checking for client internet connection.

5. Check to see if connect to internet

6. Advanced: CHECK for Internet Connection

7. Checking an Internet Connection

8. Checking for active internet connection.

9. Check Internet Connection

10. Check for internet connection

11. how to check if user is connected to the internet

12. Checking an Internet Connection