Inet Control doesn't stop - Why?
Author Message
 Inet Control doesn't stop - Why?

I created a subroutine that I pass URLs from a .mdb and then save them to
files. The .mdb runs fine alone and the program closes properly ( I get the
run button back in VB). However, when I add the following subroutine to
utilize the Inet control, I can not get the program to close properly.

I'm running W2000 and relatively new to VB, so it must be something I'm
missing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jerry

The function is:

Function GetIFile(strURL As String, strDest As String, strFile As String)
Dim bFile() As Byte
' get file
bFile() = Form1!Inet1.OpenURL(strURL, icByteArray)
Do Until Form1!Inet1.StillExecuting = False
 DoEvents
Loop

' save downloaded file to Drive/folder/filename of choice
FF = FreeFile
Open strDest + strFile For Binary Access Write As #FF
Put #FF, , bFile()
Close #FF

' empty mem
Erase bFile()
Form1!Inet1.Cancel
End Function

Fri, 09 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Inet Control doesn't stop - Why?
Look here:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q174/8/36.ASP

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q171/8/28.asp

- Jani

Quote:

>I created a subroutine that I pass URLs from a .mdb and then save them to
>files. The .mdb runs fine alone and the program closes properly ( I get the
>run button back in VB). However, when I add the following subroutine to
>utilize the Inet control, I can not get the program to close properly.

>I'm running W2000 and relatively new to VB, so it must be something I'm
>missing.
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>Jerry

>The function is:

>Function GetIFile(strURL As String, strDest As String, strFile As String)
>Dim bFile() As Byte
>' get file
>bFile() = Form1!Inet1.OpenURL(strURL, icByteArray)
>Do Until Form1!Inet1.StillExecuting = False
> DoEvents
>Loop

>' save downloaded file to Drive/folder/filename of choice
>FF = FreeFile
>Open strDest + strFile For Binary Access Write As #FF
>Put #FF, , bFile()
>Close #FF

>' empty mem
>Erase bFile()
>Form1!Inet1.Cancel
>End Function

Sat, 10 May 2003 13:58:53 GMT
 Inet Control doesn't stop - Why?
Sounds like it ..but...
I'm using VB6 SP4 on Windows 2000 Professional
The Internet Control is Internet Transfer Control 6.0 (SP4)

Any workarounds that anyone knows of?

Quote:
> Look here:
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q174/8/36.ASP

> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q171/8/28.asp

> - Jani

> >I created a subroutine that I pass URLs from a .mdb and then save them to
> >files. The .mdb runs fine alone and the program closes properly ( I get
the
> >run button back in VB). However, when I add the following subroutine to
> >utilize the Inet control, I can not get the program to close properly.

> >I'm running W2000 and relatively new to VB, so it must be something I'm
> >missing.
> >Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >Jerry

> >The function is:

> >Function GetIFile(strURL As String, strDest As String, strFile As String)
> >Dim bFile() As Byte
> >' get file
> >bFile() = Form1!Inet1.OpenURL(strURL, icByteArray)
> >Do Until Form1!Inet1.StillExecuting = False
> > DoEvents
> >Loop

> >' save downloaded file to Drive/folder/filename of choice
> >FF = FreeFile
> >Open strDest + strFile For Binary Access Write As #FF
> >Put #FF, , bFile()
> >Close #FF

> >' empty mem
> >Erase bFile()
> >Form1!Inet1.Cancel
> >End Function

Sat, 10 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Inet Control doesn't stop - Why?
What IE version you have. I have problem with IE5.0 but I update IE5.0 to
IE5.1 and Inet start working better.

- Jani

Quote:

>Sounds like it ..but...
>I'm using VB6 SP4 on Windows 2000 Professional
>The Internet Control is Internet Transfer Control 6.0 (SP4)

>Any workarounds that anyone knows of?

>> Look here:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q174/8/36.ASP

>> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q171/8/28.asp

>> - Jani

>> >I created a subroutine that I pass URLs from a .mdb and then save them
>> >files. The .mdb runs fine alone and the program closes properly ( I get
>the
>> >run button back in VB). However, when I add the following subroutine to
>> >utilize the Inet control, I can not get the program to close properly.

>> >I'm running W2000 and relatively new to VB, so it must be something I'm
>> >missing.
>> >Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>> >Jerry

>> >The function is:

>> >Function GetIFile(strURL As String, strDest As String, strFile As
String)
>> >Dim bFile() As Byte
>> >' get file
>> >bFile() = Form1!Inet1.OpenURL(strURL, icByteArray)
>> >Do Until Form1!Inet1.StillExecuting = False
>> > DoEvents
>> >Loop

>> >' save downloaded file to Drive/folder/filename of choice
>> >FF = FreeFile
>> >Open strDest + strFile For Binary Access Write As #FF
>> >Put #FF, , bFile()
>> >Close #FF

>> >' empty mem
>> >Erase bFile()
>> >Form1!Inet1.Cancel
>> >End Function

Sun, 11 May 2003 15:08:27 GMT
 Inet Control doesn't stop - Why?
I too seem to be having the same problem.   I added a form with the Internet
Transfer control 6.0 SP4, and now the program never exits cleanly.
A fix for this would be great!

-WD

Quote:
> Sounds like it ..but...
> I'm using VB6 SP4 on Windows 2000 Professional
> The Internet Control is Internet Transfer Control 6.0 (SP4)

> Any workarounds that anyone knows of?

> > Look here:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q174/8/36.ASP

> > http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q171/8/28.asp

> > - Jani

> > >I created a subroutine that I pass URLs from a .mdb and then save them
> > >files. The .mdb runs fine alone and the program closes properly ( I get
> the
> > >run button back in VB). However, when I add the following subroutine to
> > >utilize the Inet control, I can not get the program to close properly.

> > >I'm running W2000 and relatively new to VB, so it must be something I'm
> > >missing.
> > >Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> > >Jerry

> > >The function is:

> > >Function GetIFile(strURL As String, strDest As String, strFile As
String)
> > >Dim bFile() As Byte
> > >' get file
> > >bFile() = Form1!Inet1.OpenURL(strURL, icByteArray)
> > >Do Until Form1!Inet1.StillExecuting = False
> > > DoEvents
> > >Loop

> > >' save downloaded file to Drive/folder/filename of choice
> > >FF = FreeFile
> > >Open strDest + strFile For Binary Access Write As #FF
> > >Put #FF, , bFile()
> > >Close #FF

> > >' empty mem
> > >Erase bFile()
> > >Form1!Inet1.Cancel
> > >End Function

Sat, 17 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. why doesn't program stop

2. Inet Transfer Control Doesn't Allow Browser Close Event Recognition

3. INet Control doesn't function when run but does when in debug mode

4. Why the Inet Control can't upload via MS Proxy 2.0

5. Why oh why doesn't this work?

6. Help: MAPI control doesn't work - why?

7. API/function doesn't stop and I don't understand it :o)

8. Programs doesn't stop on errors

9. Inet problem (Doesn't everyone?)

10. StateChanged (Inet): Doesn't enter sub

11. IE6 doesn't stop loading...

12. Error in class doesn't stop main app