Winsock Sendata
Author Message
 Winsock Sendata

I want to send a file to a web server using PUT or
whatever works!  I have given up on the Internet Transfer
Control and am trying the Winsock control.  Do I need to
have a program running on the Server that I am sending to
in order to pick up the file?  If so how would this
program run?

Thanks
Linda
    Winsock1.RemoteHost ="myserver"
    Winsock1.Protocol = sckTCPProtocol
    Winsock1.RemotePort = 80
    Winsock1.Connect

Winsock1.SendData "PUT c:\lptest.txt" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf

Seems to do nothing but I don't get any winsock error
firing.

Sat, 21 May 2005 00:11:42 GMT
 Winsock Sendata
Hi Linda,
try this to get started (and don't give up, you'll make it ;-)
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616.html

BTW, what's the big issue about using ftp?

Wolfgang

Quote:
> I want to send a file to a web server using PUT or
> whatever works!  I have given up on the Internet Transfer
> Control and am trying the Winsock control.  Do I need to
> have a program running on the Server that I am sending to
> in order to pick up the file?  If so how would this
> program run?

> Thanks
> Linda
>     Winsock1.RemoteHost ="myserver"
>     Winsock1.Protocol = sckTCPProtocol
>     Winsock1.RemotePort = 80
>     Winsock1.Connect

> Winsock1.SendData "PUT c:\lptest.txt" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf

> Seems to do nothing but I don't get any winsock error
> firing.

Sat, 21 May 2005 02:23:07 GMT

1. Winsock Sendata strings?

2. winsock.sendata ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

3. A short delay after Winsock.SenData ?

4. WInsock Control Sendata Method

5. undocumented winsock error 126 on sendata

6. Carriage return in VB 5 and Sendata

7. winsock problem sending large strings (winsock.senddata)

8. Multiple Winsock-Connections to a server AND Winsock-Connection to a server minimized in systray

9. Winsock OCX vs Winsock API?

10. Winsock documentation - winsock.txt (0/1)

11. Winsock Activex DLL and winsock events

12. Winsock OCX vs. Winsock API