VB Internet Programming Tutorials?
Author Message
 VB Internet Programming Tutorials?

    Hello,

    I've been playing with VB for six months so far, and I like it a lot.
I've begun to write some small applications, and I'd like to make them
Internet aware. However, I can't seem to find any documentation on any of
the VB 6.0 controls, especially the Winsock and Internet Transfer Controls.

    I've pretty much picked clean what google.com returns. If anyone can
point me in a better direction, I would appreciate it.

    Thanks!

    Britt

    PS: On a related note, does anyone know of a better way to learn VB than
self-study. I live in San Francisco, but can't seem to find any places that
teach it.

--
Britt A. Green
Please invert home and com in my address to reply.

Thu, 08 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 VB Internet Programming Tutorials?
On Sun, 19 Nov 2000 10:08:03 GMT, "Britt A. Green"

Quote:

>    I've been playing with VB for six months so far, and I like it a lot.
>I've begun to write some small applications, and I'd like to make them
>Internet aware. However, I can't seem to find any documentation on any of
>the VB 6.0 controls, especially the Winsock and Internet Transfer Controls.

>    I've pretty much picked clean what google.com returns. If anyone can
>point me in a better direction, I would appreciate it.

>    Thanks!

If you're programming in Visual Basic (or another visual development
language like Delphi or FoxPro), you may want to download our free
SocketWrench package. You can download it from our site at
http://www.catalyst.com. It includes a Windows Sockets and dialer
control along with a number of samples to get you started. An added
benefit is the included tutorial, "An Introduction to TCP/IP
Programming". We've received many kind, unsolicited comments
expressing that it is a very clear and helpful package for getting one
quickly productive in TCP/IP programming, not to mention that the
whole package is free :)

David

Sat, 10 May 2003 09:44:08 GMT

1. vb tutorial on internet programming

2. Game Programming in VB Tutorials??

3. VB game programming tutorial source code online

4. New VB Game programming tutorial available online

5. Game Programming in VB tutorial online

6. Chapter 24 of Visual Basic RPG programming tutorial online - Programming random quests

7. Chapter 23 of Visual Basic RPG programming tutorial online - Programming random quests

8. Visual basic tutorials books or internet?

9. * FREE * Tutorial on PC-controlled devices through Internet

10. Internet Tutorials

11. Internet Protocol Tutorials

12. VB internet programming