Win '98 API vs. Win '95 API
Author Message
 Win '98 API vs. Win '95 API

I was wondering if there were any differences in the Win98 APIs.  I havnt seen any, and nobody had noted of any, so i was wondering if there were any differences.
There are quite a few new API calls. AnimateWindow is one example -- it's the API that is used to make the menus slide out.

--
Ben Baird, MVP
Microsoft SiteBuilder Network Level 2

Sun, 07 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Win '98 API vs. Win '95 API
I know that GetSystemMetrics has a few new capabilities....

The MSDN library doesn't specifically lay out the API changes.  It
would be nice if it did.  What it does is describe the changes on a
function by function basis.

You can imagine then, just how long it would take to answer your
question fully :-)

So far any function I've wanted to use has a few new capabilities or
changes from Win95....

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998 07:44:23 -0600, "Ben Baird (MSMVP)"

>------=_NextPart_000_00CD_01BDB544.8BC52A80

>I was wondering if there were any differences in the Win98 APIs.  I =
>havnt seen any, and nobody had noted of any, so i was wondering if there =
>were any differences.
>There are quite a few new API calls. AnimateWindow is one example -- =
>it's the API that is used to make the menus slide out.

Mon, 08 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Win '98 API vs. Win '95 API

2. Win '98 API vs. Win '95 API

3. WIN 2k API vs WIN 98/WIN NT API - Help needed

4. HELP - Error 50003 - VB5, Win 95, Win 98, Win NT

5. HELP - Error 50003 - VB5, Win 95, Win 98, Win NT

6. HELP - Error 50003 - VB5, Win 95, Win 98, Win NT

7. Q: win 98 Explorer api's used ?

8. Default printer fonts for Win '95/98 not working

9. Printing in Win'95/98

10. OCX won't register under 95 but will in 98/NT

11. Win 95 API's help

12. creating windows using win'95 api...