PORT PEEKING..HELP!
Author Message
 PORT PEEKING..HELP!

Is there any way to read data from a specific Port using UDP or TCP on the
local PC using PEEK, something that reads only but doesn't remove the data,
simply monitoring inbound data packets? I want to parse the data that is
being used by my main application so I can create a monitor tool for it. I
also don;t want to connect to any remote system, my main program takes care
of that. What is the difference between PEEK and LISTEN?

Tue, 19 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 PORT PEEKING..HELP!

Quote:

>Is there any way to read data from a specific Port using UDP or TCP on the
>local PC using PEEK, something that reads only but doesn't remove the data,
>simply monitoring inbound data packets? I want to parse the data that is
>being used by my main application so I can create a monitor tool for it. I
>also don;t want to connect to any remote system, my main program takes care
>of that. What is the difference between PEEK and LISTEN?

Mike,
I still haven't found a way to eavesdrop on ports that are already in use
from VB yet...
But if the application you want to eavesdrop on is one that youve written,
have you thought about DDE?

Stir well and enjoy,
Wayne Langlois

Sat, 23 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to peek and poke the printer-port from vb5

2. Need help on Peek / Poke comands

3. HELP-Trying to PEEK(&H00A00000) in physical memory VB4/PB/DLL

4. HELP: functions inp/out/peek/poke for working with AD/DA board in VB4

5. Help peeking data area.

6. I/O port, Parallel port, Serial port

7. You know I found a bug in PocketKnife Peek

8. StreamReader: Peek() sets Basestream.Location to EOF

9. Patrick - StreamReader: Peek sets Basestream.Location to EOF

10. reading backwards with the seek, peek, and position functions

11. Peek, Poke

12. PEEKing bytes needed to hold screen