Disable the use of keyboard and mouse in visual basic 5.0
Author Message
 Disable the use of keyboard and mouse in visual basic 5.0

Hi all,

I am writing a program, now i want to make an application that disables the
use of the keyboard and mouse.
But i don't have a clue how to handle this

Please help me,

reply or e-mail me on

Tue, 05 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Disable the use of keyboard and mouse in visual basic 5.0

Marc,
  To disable the keyboard, I think you should be able to set the KeyPreview
property of your form(s) to True, which will cause the form to see any
keystrokes before any control does, and then in the form event Form_KeyPress
you can change the "keyascii" parameter to 0 which cancels the keystroke. I
don't know about the mouse.
Mike

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I am writing a program, now i want to make an application that disables the
> use of the keyboard and mouse.
> But i don't have a clue how to handle this

> Please help me,

> reply or e-mail me on

Mon, 11 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Disable the use of keyboard and mouse in visual basic 5.0

I use a little ActiveX control called ActiveCursor.  There are other
ways but this works just fine and I think it's freeware (can't
remember if I had to register it or not).

I found it at www.activex.com.  If you can't find it let me know and I
will send you a copy.

-Allan

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998 14:19:14 +0200, "Marc van der Wielen"

Quote:

>Hi all,

>I am writing a program, now i want to make an application that disables the
>use of the keyboard and mouse.
>But i don't have a clue how to handle this

>Please help me,

>reply or e-mail me on

Mon, 11 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Disable the use of keyboard and mouse in visual basic 5.0

This will only work for that application.  It will not work for the rest of
the system (if that application is not active.)  You may be able to have it
work fot the system by keeping the window active.

Jeffrey Levy

Quote:

>Marc,
>  To disable the keyboard, I think you should be able to set the KeyPreview
>property of your form(s) to True, which will cause the form to see any
>keystrokes before any control does, and then in the form event
Form_KeyPress
>you can change the "keyascii" parameter to 0 which cancels the keystroke. I
>don't know about the mouse.
>Mike

>> Hi all,

>> I am writing a program, now i want to make an application that disables
the
>> use of the keyboard and mouse.
>> But i don't have a clue how to handle this

>> Please help me,

>> reply or e-mail me on

Thu, 14 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Disable the use of keyboard and mouse in visual basic 5.0

2. Looking for differences between Visual Basic 5.0 enterprise and Visual Basic 5.0 Profesional

3. Disabling Keys in Visual Basic 5.0

4. Disable right mouse shortcut keys in visual basic

5. Can I use Visual Foxpro 5.0 and Visual Basic 5.0

6. Calling Visual C++ 5.0 DLL Functions From Visual Basic 5.0

8. Visual Basic 5.0 vs. Visual Basic 4.0

9. Disable/Enable mouse and keyboard

10. Disabling keyboard entry and mouse click

11. Disable Mouse & Keyboard question

12. Disable Keyboard and Mouse Input