How to start the default email app?
Author Message
 How to start the default email app?

Hi,

How would I go about starting the users default email app from code?
Thanks for any suggestions,

J.

Mon, 11 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to start the default email app?

Hello,

The ShellExecute will allow you to shell the default email client, heres
the code you would use:

Private Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias
"ShellExecuteA"
(ByVal hWnd as Long, ByVal lpOperation As String, ByVal lpFile as
String,
ByVal lpParameters as String, ByVal lpDirectory as String, ByVal
nShowCmd
as Long) As Long

Description of Parameters:
Byval hWnd = The handle of the calling form
ByVal lpOperation = Operation to be performed
ByVal lpFile = The file name to be opened
ByVal lpDirectory = The directory of the file to be opened

Private Sub Command1_Click()
        Dim retval as Long
        retval =

End Sub

hope this helps
All the Best

Tue, 12 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to start the default email app?

use MAPI

There is a book "MAPI, SAPI, & TAPI Developer's Guid" by Michael Amundsen.
The publisher is SAMS.

Quote:

> Hi,

> How would I go about starting the users default email app from code?
> Thanks for any suggestions,

> J.

Tue, 12 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to start the default email app?

        Hi

        I use this method myself but I've got one user that claims it
doesn't open Netscape mail even if it's set to the system's current
default emailer. :-( Is this another one of those little "battles"
between these two clowns or what? The user says that a mailto link on
a browser brings up Netscape but the mailto link from my VB app brings
up Outlook...

        Any ideas?

        Thanks,

        Paul

Quote:

>Hello,

>The ShellExecute will allow you to shell the default email client, heres
>the code you would use:

>Private Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias
>"ShellExecuteA"
>(ByVal hWnd as Long, ByVal lpOperation As String, ByVal lpFile as
>String,
>ByVal lpParameters as String, ByVal lpDirectory as String, ByVal
>nShowCmd
>as Long) As Long

>Description of Parameters:
>Byval hWnd = The handle of the calling form
>ByVal lpOperation = Operation to be performed
>ByVal lpFile = The file name to be opened
>ByVal lpDirectory = The directory of the file to be opened

>Private Sub Command1_Click()
>        Dim retval as Long
>        retval =

>End Sub

>hope this helps
>All the Best

Mon, 18 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to start the default email app?

2. How to start Default Email composition form?

3. help, does anyone know a routine for starting default email program

4. How to Start Default Email Client?

5. starting default telnet app and send commands

6. starting default telnet app and send commands

7. DDE,VB Starting a VB App w/ RichTextBox as Default Viewer

8. Killing an App started by IE in turn started by VB App from VB

9. Get default email app from registry?

10. Get default email app from registry?

11. Get default email app from registry?

12. How do I start Netscape Email app?