Internet Transfer Control and HTTP Uploads
Author Message
 Internet Transfer Control and HTTP Uploads

Hi there,

     I would like to use the Internet Transfer Control to upload files
to an HTTP server. I have looked at the EXECUTE method and the GET and
PUT parameters but I am not sure how to properly call this method so
that the file (could be text, html, xls or gif) would be uploaded to a
web site of my choosing. Most people are doing this using the FTP
protocol but this is not an viable option if the Web Site is not
running an FTP Server.

Stephen

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 28 May 2003 03:42:02 GMT
 Internet Transfer Control and HTTP Uploads

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Internet Transfer Control and HTTP Uploads

Quote:

> Hi there,

>      I would like to use the Internet Transfer Control to upload files
> to an HTTP server. I have looked at the EXECUTE method and the GET and
> PUT parameters but I am not sure how to properly call this method so
> that the file (could be text, html, xls or gif) would be uploaded to a
> web site of my choosing. Most people are doing this using the FTP
> protocol but this is not an viable option if the Web Site is not
> running an FTP Server.

> Stephen

        You might want to take a look at the IP*Works! Package (it will save
you a lot of time).  Put is rarely available anymore, because of security
reasons, and instead you have to mime encode the data and post it to the
target URL.  The IP*Works! package has components that can get you up and
running in under 10 lines of code.  http://www.nsoftware.com/

Regards,

Eric M.

Sat, 31 May 2003 00:52:01 GMT
 Internet Transfer Control and HTTP Uploads
Hi Eric,

    I have had a chance to check out your web site and the IP*Works!
Visual Basic Edition software and it seems to be quite impressive
supporting a wide range of protocols but in our case it would be a case
of overkill because we are only interested in using the http protocol
to do file uploads to the web. I would however recommend it to others
who have a need for a package like yours.
    Even though you say in your previous message that PUT is rarely
available anymore, you actually support this action method in your http
component as far as I can see. I have never seen anyone sucessfully use
the internet transfer control with HTTP and PUT to do uploads. It is
more likely that you are bypassing the ITC and using the Winsock
control directly. Correct me if my assumptions are wrong.

Stephen

Quote:

> > Hi there,

> >      I would like to use the Internet Transfer Control to upload
files
> > to an HTTP server. I have looked at the EXECUTE method and the GET
and
> > PUT parameters but I am not sure how to properly call this method so
> > that the file (could be text, html, xls or gif) would be uploaded
to a
> > web site of my choosing. Most people are doing this using the FTP
> > protocol but this is not an viable option if the Web Site is not
> > running an FTP Server.

> > Stephen

>    You might want to take a look at the IP*Works! Package (it will
save
> you a lot of time).  Put is rarely available anymore, because of
security
> reasons, and instead you have to mime encode the data and post it to
the
> target URL.  The IP*Works! package has components that can get you up
and
> running in under 10 lines of code.  http://www.nsoftware.com/

> Regards,

> Eric M.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 31 May 2003 02:26:48 GMT
 Internet Transfer Control and HTTP Uploads

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Internet Transfer Control and HTTP Uploads
Hi,
   I have created a control which do a post using rfc1867. It's at in
my web page at www.singnet.com.sg/~kegoh. Feel free to try it.

Regards,
Chin Seng

Quote:

> Hi there,

>      I would like to use the Internet Transfer Control to upload files
> to an HTTP server. I have looked at the EXECUTE method and the GET and
> PUT parameters but I am not sure how to properly call this method so
> that the file (could be text, html, xls or gif) would be uploaded to a
> web site of my choosing. Most people are doing this using the FTP
> protocol but this is not an viable option if the Web Site is not
> running an FTP Server.

> Stephen

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 23:39:11 GMT

1. File upload using Internet Transfer Control and HTTP PUT

2. How to upload a file by Internet Transfer Control in HTTP protocol

3. Internet Transfer Control - Upload File With http

4. Uploading File with HTTP POST useing the VB5.0(sp3) internet transfer Control

5. File upload using Internet Transfer Control and HTTP PUT

6. HTTP file upload using Internet transfer control

7. Datei Upload per HTTP / File upload via HTTP

8. problem uploading file with internet transfer control

9. Using Internet Transfer Control to Upload

10. Internet Transfer Control - FTP upload problem

11. Problem Uploading with Internet Transfer Control

12. Problem Uploading with Internet Transfer Control -Cont'd