Sheridan in an ActiveX control
Author Message
 Sheridan in an ActiveX control

I'm having a terrible time getting the Sheridan dbGrid, dbCombo, and
dbDropDown to work properly in an apartment threaded control I'm attempting
to build in VB5.  I have the VB update that supports building apartment
threaded controls, and the Sheridan controls used to work properly when
built non-apartment threaded on another machine.

Some symptoms include: combo boxes not refreshing or drawing themselves
properly, dropdown's firing events that they shouldn't, and frequent GPF's.

Has anyone had any success building an apartment threaded control using
Sheridan?  We've started evaluating the Apex controls as an alternative,
since we're getting desperate and Sheridan hasn't been able to come up with
an explanation.

Any help, assistance or pointers greatly appreciated.
Tyson

Mon, 08 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Sheridan in an ActiveX control

Tyson,

I've experienced similar problems with DBGrid in ASP pages with IE4. What I
found:

* Sometimes the grid will not load properly when page is loaded; you have to
explicitly click "refresh" in the browser to show it.
* After the Grid is shown, any attempt to re-build the ADC query will wipe
out the content of the Grid.
* Code download (with .LPK file) doesn't work reliably.

Like you, I found Sheridan's tech support was not helpful at all.

-Bill Lo

Quote:

>I'm having a terrible time getting the Sheridan dbGrid, dbCombo, and
>dbDropDown to work properly in an apartment threaded control I'm attempting
>to build in VB5.  I have the VB update that supports building apartment
>threaded controls, and the Sheridan controls used to work properly when
>built non-apartment threaded on another machine.

>Some symptoms include: combo boxes not refreshing or drawing themselves
>properly, dropdown's firing events that they shouldn't, and frequent GPF's.

>Has anyone had any success building an apartment threaded control using
>Sheridan?  We've started evaluating the Apex controls as an alternative,
>since we're getting desperate and Sheridan hasn't been able to come up with
>an explanation.

>Any help, assistance or pointers greatly appreciated.
>Tyson

Tue, 09 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Sheridan in an ActiveX control

2. Sheridan 3D controls 32 bit Grid control

3. Help with class and ActiveX Doc using Sheridan Active Toolbar

4. Moving controls on a Sheridan Tab control (VB4)

5. using a sheridan dropdown in sheridan grid

6. using a sheridan dropdown in sheridan grid

7. ActiveX Control Container for VBCCE5 ActiveX Controls!?

8. ActiveX.exe or ActiveX DLL or ActiveX Control?????????????

9. Problem in VBA with ActiveX control that contains another ActiveX control

10. Hosting a WebBrowser Control Inside ActiveX Document or ActiveX Control to be Ho

11. ActiveX control within ActiveX control Licencing Error 429

12. Embedding licensed ActiveX Controls within a VB ActiveX Control