To be, or not to be a complete file, that is the question.
Author Message
 To be, or not to be a complete file, that is the question.

Hello all,

I am trying to monitor directories for various files.  If a file is found in one
of these monitored directories an action will occur.  This action may process the
found file.  So if the found file is not complete, then an error will occur.

Q:  Is possible in Visual Basic to know when a file has been finished being
transferred from one location to another by just looking at a file.

Case 1:  When copying a file through the network, a file's size is initially 0k.
Then all of the sudden the file's size using the "filelen" reads the total actual
size of the file before it is even done copying.  So monitoring the file size
does not work.

NOTE:  I am aware of using trigger files, but I need this program to work with
older programs I have.

Thanks for any knowledge you can share.

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

2. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

4. When is 5:00 AM not 5:00 AM? When it's 5:00 AM.

5. Command Window: Am i being a complete noob...

6. I am looking for a complete technical reference for OUTLOOK 98

7. I AM AN END-USER, NOT A PROGRAMMER

8. shared variable not working what am I missing?

9. Strongly Typed - what am I not catching?

10. Not very important, but I am curious

11. I am not kinding about this 3008

12. ScaleHeight/ScaleWidth with borderless form - Not working, please help I am stumped