Newbie Q: How to fetch a web page thru proxy server?(use winsock control)
Author Message
 Newbie Q: How to fetch a web page thru proxy server?(use winsock control)

Can anyone give me some tips,how to fetch a web page thru proxy server?
I know Inet control can do such thing,but it can not run well in
my system,so I  want to use winsock control instead.
Thank you in advance.

CaveMan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 26 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbie Q: How to fetch a web page thru proxy server?(use winsock control)
This gets

http://www.carlthewebmaster.com/systemcheck.asp

through a proxy server.  Replace <PROXY SERVER> with the IP or address of
your proxy server and <PROXY PORT> with the port it's listening on

Option Explicit

Private Sub Command1_Click()
Text1 = ""
Winsock1.Protocol = sckTCPProtocol
Winsock1.Connect "<PROXY SERVER>", <PROXY PORT>

End Sub

Private Sub Winsock1_Connect()
Dim sText As String

    sText = "GET http://www.carlthewebmaster.com/systemcheck.asp HTTP/1.0" &
vbCrLf & "Accept: text/html" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf
    Winsock1.SendData sText
End Sub

Private Sub Winsock1_DataArrival(ByVal bytesTotal As Long)
Dim sText As String

    On Error Resume Next
    Winsock1.GetData sText
    Text1 = Text1 & sText
End Sub

Private Sub Winsock1_Error(ByVal Number As Integer, Description As String,
ByVal Scode As Long, ByVal Source As String, ByVal HelpFile As String, ByVal
HelpContext As Long, CancelDisplay As Boolean)
    MsgBox Number & " - " & Description, vbCritical, App.Title
End Sub

Sun, 26 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie Q: How to fetch a web page thru proxy server?(use winsock control)

2. Using WINSOCK control to access server through PROXY SERVER

3. HELP!How to fetch a web page thru proxy server?

4. Using the Winsock Control with a Proxy Server

5. Proxy server using Winsock Control

6. Connect to web site via proxy server using Inet control

7. * How to Connect thru Internet Using Proxy Server **

8. Using OpenURL thru a Proxy server

9. fetching a web page from server side vbscript

10. fetching a web page from server side vbscript

11. Pulling down Web pages from behind a proxy server

12. Web Server using Winsock Control...