VB 5.0, NT 4.0 ITC Problems
Author Message
 VB 5.0, NT 4.0 ITC Problems

I just tried to move a Visual Basic 5.0 application containing extensive
Internet Transfer Control usage  (execute method, URL ftp://..etc.. "SEND
..." commands) to our NT 4.0 machine and I have problems getting the ITC
functions to work.

The application has been running fine for a long time on W98 machines.  (and
even on W95).

Does the ITC code not work under NT 4.0?
Are there known problems?
Are there fixes or patches that can be applied to permit it to run on NT
4.0?

I did try recompiling the VB5.0 application under NT4.0 without success re.
the ITC functions.

Problem details:
  It appears that data is being sent over the dial up connection, but
nothing gets to the UNIX target machine.

I did confirm the FTP and Telnet tasks worked from that NT4.0 machine to the
UNIX machine over that dial-up connection.

Thanks for any help,
Joe Sasiadek

Tue, 25 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB 5.0/NT 4.0 Printer problems

2. Setting Default Printer in VB 5.0 for Crystal Reports 5.0 under NT 4.0

3. Setting Default Printer in VB 5.0 for Crystal Reports 5.0 under NT 4.0

4. Setting Default Printer in VB 5.0 for Crystal Reports 5.0 under NT 4.0

5. Setting Default Printer in VB 5.0 for Crystal Reports 5.0 under NT 4.0

6. VB 4.0 and NT 4.0 problems

7. LONDON - VB 5.0/Sql-Server 6.5/ NT 4.0 - Developers - Derivatives Trading Systems

8. Help needed: Shutdown NT 4.0 fromout VB 5.0

9. Bug Fix: VB 5.0, NT 4.0, About Box

10. Unicode support in VB 5.0 controls on Windows NT 4.0

11. Blank reports with CR5.0, VB 5.0 under NT 4.0

12. Upgrade problem from VB 4.0 to 5.0