ActiveXmicrosoft.public.vb.controls.creation; Documents
Author Message
 ActiveXmicrosoft.public.vb.controls.creation; Documents

I have been trying to build an ActiveX document project. Like many others
who have tried, i cannot get it to work properly off the development
machine. I tried the Knowledge base articles Q167380, Q168431. the Setup
Wizard, plain navigation, and everything i can think off. It seems that
these things just were not designed to work.
Every once in a while though, you see a posting from someone who has
mysteriously gotten them to work, though almost every post re these things
is about failure.

Can anyone give a detailed explanation of how to make them work with an
inter/intra net page?

This would be such a cool technology if it worked, becuase it presents a
more visually attractive interface than html/asp. It seems like it doesn't
work though.

Thanks in advance.

Aaron

Sun, 21 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ActiveXmicrosoft.public.vb.controls.creation; Documents
Don't use your development machine as the machine to test the Internet
Download on. We have developed a complex ActiveX Document application and
found many unresolved problems occured when doing this. To save time, we
decided to ignore them and not do it.

Rick Coxhill

Quote:
> I have been trying to build an ActiveX document project. Like many others
> who have tried, i cannot get it to work properly off the development
> machine. I tried the Knowledge base articles Q167380, Q168431. the Setup
> Wizard, plain navigation, and everything i can think off. It seems that
> these things just were not designed to work.
> Every once in a while though, you see a posting from someone who has
> mysteriously gotten them to work, though almost every post re these
things
> is about failure.

> Can anyone give a detailed explanation of how to make them work with an
> inter/intra net page?

> This would be such a cool technology if it worked, becuase it presents a
> more visually attractive interface than html/asp. It seems like it
doesn't
> work though.

> Thanks in advance.

> Aaron

Sun, 21 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ActiveXmicrosoft.public.vb.controls.creation; Documents

2. microsoft.public.vb.database;microsoft.public.vb.database.ado;microsoft.public.vb.database.dao

3. microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion, microsoft.public.vb.enterprise

4. New discussion group wanted - microsoft.public.vb.improvements or vb.wish

5. microsoft.public.dotnet.vb.general

6. microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb missing?

7. microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb

8. New group needed: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb.advocacy

9. microsoft.public.vb.controls.internet

10. microsoft.public.vb.controls.internet

11. Sneakpeek explanation and summary for microsoft.public.vb.controls.internet

12. connecting to online database (posted also on microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion