Internet Transfer Control HTTP PUT
Author Message
 Internet Transfer Control HTTP PUT

All,

For those of you using the Internet Transfer Control (ITC) to do a
HTTP PUT, I struggled with this for a few hours this morning and
thought someone out there might benefit from my experience.

To do an HTTP PUT, you can use the following code (ic is the Internet
Control).

    ic.protocol = icHTTP
    ic.Execute _
        " http://www.*-*-*.com/ ; + fname, _
        "PUT", _
        m_xmlDoc.xml

In this example, the ic control will use HTTP to create a file (whose
name is stored in the fname variable) in the virtual directory
"virtualdir".  It then fills the contents of this file with a stream
of XML from an XML control that I am using.  You could replace this
m_xmlDoc.xml with any text stream.

The ITC does not behave as you'd expect --- If you omit the filename
(fname above) or try to "put" a file name, the ITC says everything
went fine, but no file ever shows up on the server.

Hopefully, this post benefits someone out there.  I have rec'd tons of
help via www.deja.com and like to help when I can.

John

Sat, 04 Sep 2004 02:40:34 GMT

1. Internet Transfer Control HTTP Put question

2. File upload using Internet Transfer Control and HTTP PUT

3. Http put - Internet transfer control

4. File upload using Internet Transfer Control and HTTP PUT

5. Using the PUT method with HTTP and the Internet transfer controll

6. VB 6:- Retrieve Dir contents using Internet Transfer Control and HTTP

7. Internet Transfer Control and HTTP Requests

8. Internet Transfer Control & HTTP SSL

9. Internet Transfer Control and HTTP?

10. How to upload a file by Internet Transfer Control in HTTP protocol

11. Internet Transfer Control - Upload File With http

12. Internet transfer control with HTTP Post