Inserting in VB some file for res://
Author Message
 Inserting in VB some file for res://

How to insert in VB project (.ocx, .dll and .exe) some file (ex. .avi) for
access to it by res://.

Tue, 15 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Inserting in VB some file for res://
Michael,

Quote:
>How to insert in VB project (.ocx, .dll and .exe) some file (ex. .avi) for
>access to it by res://.

Add a resource file to your project, and put whatever resources you
want in it. The Resource editor add-in included with VB can help you
with this.

I don't think the RES protocol can display AVI files, but HTML, GIF
and JPEG images works OK. To add HTML, just add the HTML file you want
as a custom resource, and make sure the resource type of it is set to
23.

Read more here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/networking/predefined/res.asp
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q237/7/69.asp

Mattias

    http://hem.spray.se/mattias.sjogren/
              Docendo discimus

Tue, 15 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Inserting in VB some file for res://

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Inserting in VB some file for res://
Put sample, please.

Tue, 15 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Inserting in VB some file for res://

You can't (shouldn't) put data runtime into an executeable file (your virus
warning would mosty likely go mad ;)
User the VB IDE for editing the .res file at design time.

Quote:
> Put sample, please.

Mon, 21 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Inserting in VB some file for res://
I've tried but I can't do it. Can't you give an example/send sample?

Quote:
> You can't (shouldn't) put data runtime into an executeable file (your
virus
> warning would mosty likely go mad ;)
> User the VB IDE for editing the .res file at design time.

> > Put sample, please.

Thu, 21 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Inserting in VB some file for res://

2. Inserting in VB some file for res://

3. Inserting in VB some file for res://

4. Using res-Files in VB

5. .RES files in VB 4

6. Using LoadIcon/LoadBitmap from .RES file for VB Program

7. Link a RES file to a VB project

8. Resource files in VB 5.0 - how to create .RES

9. Help with VB resource files (.RES) - VB5/6

10. Insert file and then print and then delete the inserted file

11. Play Wave file from Res File

12. compile'n a htm file into a RES or DLL file