ActiveX control doesn't show in webpage
Author Message
 ActiveX control doesn't show in webpage

First of all, when I create objects in the browser, I shy away from <PARAM
Tags.

Here's why:

When you use A PARAM, you have to map the controls behaviour reflective of
the param to read/write public properties through what is known as a
property bag. This isn't really a problem if you know what your doing. I
simply find them.  But if you're just getting started, this can be
intimidating at best.

But if you don't have these set correctly, you're going to experience the
type of behavour your seeing now.

HTH

Quote:
> I create my first ActiveX control to use in the webpage.
> This control also contain some properties like any other
> control. When I use Package&Deployment wizard and it
> creates html file and .cab file. When I open .html file,
> my ActiveX control work just fine.
> However, my problem is when I use <Param> tag inside
> <Object> tag to set the properties of control. There is
> nothing show in webpage. But I think ActiveX control is
> already go through Init/Read Property event. What is the
> problem and how to fix it?

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:43:42 GMT
 ActiveX control doesn't show in webpage
I create my first ActiveX control to use in the webpage.
This control also contain some properties like any other
control. When I use Package&Deployment wizard and it
creates html file and .cab file. When I open .html file,
my ActiveX control work just fine.
However, my problem is when I use <Param> tag inside
<Object> tag to set the properties of control. There is
nothing show in webpage. But I think ActiveX control is
already go through Init/Read Property event. What is the
problem and how to fix it?

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:32:39 GMT
 ActiveX control doesn't show in webpage
Thank you for your answer. But what do you mean 'map the
controls behaviour reflective of the param to read/write
public properties'
 In my code, I already use property bag and
Init/Readproperty event but it doesn't show anything on
page but I know the property that is in <Param> is already
set to its new value. The problem is my control doesn't
show on page at all.

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:38:25 GMT
 ActiveX control doesn't show in webpage
Are they public or private?

Quote:
> Thank you for your answer. But what do you mean 'map the
> controls behaviour reflective of the param to read/write
> public properties'
>  In my code, I already use property bag and
> Init/Readproperty event but it doesn't show anything on
> page but I know the property that is in <Param> is already
> set to its new value. The problem is my control doesn't
> show on page at all.

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 22:06:05 GMT
 ActiveX control doesn't show in webpage
For Init/ReadProperty event Private
For my control property public
What wrong with it?

Quote:

Sat, 23 Apr 2005 11:13:42 GMT

1. Custom ActiveX Control Doesn't Show in Other Computer's Browsers

2. Datagrid in ASP.Net - Grid doesn't show up on webpage

3. W2K Doesn't Load ActiveX Control But W98 and WXP Do Load ActiveX Control Correctly

4. Custom Inherited User Control Doesn't Show Up in Toolbox

5. Field.value doesn't show value in control

6. ActiveX control doesn't work with our testContainer

7. Activex control doesn't work when there is more then one on a form

8. ActiveX Control Doesn't Detect Browser Events

9. WebBrowser control doesn't terminate in ActiveX document

10. Windows XP Style Manifest doesn't work on ActiveX Control Projects

11. ActiveX login doesn't work with WebBrowser control, but is fine in IE6

12. ActiveX login doesn't work with WebBrowser control, but is fine in IE6