simple internet access ?
Author Message
 simple internet access ?

Hey guys,im a newbies trying to make a simple single form program,that
allows me to connect to my internet provider,but don't really know how
to do it.
The form will conatain one label box to diaply the connection
status,and two command buttons.Does anyone know where i might be able
to find some sample code,or does anyone have some they would not mind
sending to me.

Sun, 14 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 simple internet access ?
Hello,

Welcome to the world of Visual Basic Programming :)

Yes you can make this program, but you first need to understand what
happens when you dial and how the handshaking is done and then connect.
This might be a bit tedious or difficult to achieve at this moment for
you. The better way would be to call the standard Dialup Connection box of
windows 95 throught your program and let it dial out and connect for you.

Please check the above messages on the newsgroup, i had posted the code
for calling up the Dialup Networking (DUN) from your program.

If you dont get it, feel free to post a question on "How to call DUN" .

hope this helps,
All the Best.

Sun, 14 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Suggestions - Simple application communications over internet

2. VB6 accessing simple password protected Access database problems

3. access to MS ACCESS database in a simple peer to peer network

4. A simple VB5 Internet Question

5. Simple internet question, I think (or hope)

6. Internet Transfer Control and simple PUT.

7. How to send a simple message via internet ?

8. simple checking a/c register for internet

9. Data Access Pages for Internet access

10. Accessing an Access Database throught the internet (NT4+IIS4), IDC and stuff

11. How do I access Access database over the internet using Visual Basic

12. vb6 accessing Access db on internet