Outlook - Reading from diferent folders/ read/unread flag
Author Message
 Outlook - Reading from diferent folders/ read/unread flag

HI all

I've got a VB 6 app reading in messages from the Inbox.  The app scans the
inbox for messages with an attachment, and a identifier in the subject, and
then actions events.
The problem is that when I read any part of the message(title or body) , it
changes the status to Read.  If the message is not for my app,  I then can't
change the flag back to unread as it's read only.  Really annoying with a
busy inbox.

Solutions

1)  Is there some way to change the flag back to Unread?

or :

2) is there some way to read another folder other than the inbox?

3) other????

I'd prefer option 2 as then I can have a rule set up to have all the emails
moved to this folder, and makes history checking easier.

Thanks in advance.

Eric

Fri, 28 Jan 2005 23:45:59 GMT
 Outlook - Reading from diferent folders/ read/unread flag
Hi Eric,
You can read other folders then the Inbox.
You are using the standard folder options.
By setting the items collection to an other folder you can read and write from
and to that folder.
The folder name has to be speld from the root of your outlook.

Ex:

\\Personal Folder\Icomming WebMail\MailOrders
\\Exchange server\\Inbox\Mailorders

The item can be set by declaring an items object

Dim otlItems as Items
Dim moSelectedFolder As Outlook.MapiFolder
Set moSelectedFolder = "\\Personal Folder\Icomming WebMail\MailOrders"
Set otlItems = moSelectedFolder.Items

Now the folder is open.

Good Luck
RJ

Quote:

>HI all

>I've got a VB 6 app reading in messages from the Inbox.  The app scans the
>inbox for messages with an attachment, and a identifier in the subject, and
>then actions events.
>The problem is that when I read any part of the message(title or body) , it
>changes the status to Read.  If the message is not for my app,  I then can't
>change the flag back to unread as it's read only.  Really annoying with a
>busy inbox.

>Solutions

>1)  Is there some way to change the flag back to Unread?

>or :

>2) is there some way to read another folder other than the inbox?

>3) other????

>I'd prefer option 2 as then I can have a rule set up to have all the emails
>moved to this folder, and makes history checking easier.

>Thanks in advance.

>Eric

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 02:17:23 GMT

1. Outlook - Reading from diferent folders/ read/unread flag

2. How do I set the read flag on unread mail

3. MapiMessages control MsgNoteText flags unread to read

4. Moving embedded messages to folders / Unread Flag

5. Need Folder permissions Read Only / Program Access Read Write

6. Can you read the contact folder in outlook

7. Reading Outlook Express mail folders

8. Reading Appointment folders in Outlook

9. Reading Outlook Folders with Visual Basic

10. Mark Items as Read or Unread

11. Read and UnRead items

12. Detecting unread message(s) in folder and highlighting all folders above