WebBrowser odd behaviour
Author Message
 WebBrowser odd behaviour

I have 20 users of a freeware prog that uses WebBrowser control. Last week I
modified the prog a bit, updated my IE to IE 5.50 Service Pack 1 and VB6 to
SP4 (was originally "vanilla" VB6 without any SP's). Recompiled and made a
"deployment package". None of the program mods were in the area of the
WebBrowser form, incidentally.

Now since this time 2 of the 20 users get the "Download File" dialog (Open
or Save to Disk thing) whenever a web page is accessed using the WebBrowser
control. If you try to access  an htm file stored locally on the users HD
the same thing happens. The other 18 users are all OK. The 2 users mentioned
can still run the old version of the prog without any problem. In both cases
IE5 itself is quite happy to open the web pages without the dialog.

The 2 machines are quite different, one running Win 98 the other Win 95 and
one on IE5.01 and the other already on IE5.50 SP 1, just like me. Neither
have VB installed.

Any ideas ? I'm going frantic

(P.S. both "odd" users live thousands of miles away from me so I can't go
take a look at their machines).

Mon, 26 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visible property causes odd Insert behaviour

2. Odd behaviour of 'selection.find'

3. odd cint() behaviour

4. Very odd behaviour

5. Odd behaviour of Imagelist vs Picture box on Nt4

6. Odd behaviour in derived form...

7. Odd Modem behaviour on replicated database

8. Odd behaviour in enum declaration

9. Odd database behaviour

10. Cortona and VB -> odd behaviour

11. Odd behaviour of Msgbox in Form_Load

12. Very odd behaviour - is this a bug?