Winsock without a form
Author Message
 Winsock without a form

I'm trying to create a class that uses the winsock control. I've forgotten
how to instantiate the Winsock component from within a class file. I don't
want to have to create a new Form object for every running class. I don't
want to have to create a global form with a winsock object array. I'm
writing system software, command line interface only. Is their a 3rd party
solution"

In a nutshell: why don't any of these work?

    dim ws as new Winsock
    .
    dim ws as winsock
    set ws = new winsock
    .
    dim ws as winsock
    set ws = CreateObject("Winsock")

I'm thinking i need a reference added but the Winsock control doesn't come
up under the references section of vb6.

Help! Please?

David Neubauer

Wed, 20 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Winsock without a form

Quote:
>I'm thinking i need a reference added but the Winsock control doesn't come
>up under the references section of vb6.

Use the Browse button when you go to set your reference and select the .OCX.

Wed, 20 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Winsock without a form
Dooo!

Thanks alot Jeff,

... so many different projects, so few brain cells ...

Quote:

>>I'm thinking i need a reference added but the Winsock control doesn't come
>>up under the references section of vb6.

>Use the Browse button when you go to set your reference and select the
.OCX.

Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Winsock without a form
Hi,

any controls need to be placed on a container before they can be used, i.e.
dim mySocket as new winsock won't work.

If you give me a little more info on what your trying to do with winsock,
I've got a really good socket control that could be easily converted to an
activeX DLL(I'm probably going to end up creating a DLL version soon
anyways) for you if it will fit your needs.  As you probably already know a
dll can be referenced in the project and then you can use...

dim ws as csSocketX
set ws=new csSocketX

Check out the control at
http://members.home.net/wwwebsoft/csSocketX/index.htm

feel free to email me at:

John

Sat, 23 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Winsock without a form

2. is using winsock without a form possible?

3. Winsock without a form

4. How to use Winsock without placing the Winsock OCX on a form

5. Winsock SMTP Email Program without using forms

6. winsock in vb5 without forms

7. Winsock control without a form!

8. Winsock / CGI programming without forms

9. Using a Timer or Winsock without form

10. Winsock Without Forms

11. Winsock without form

12. Winsock without form