Comparison Of FTP File Time With Local File Time Fails
Author Message
 Comparison Of FTP File Time With Local File Time Fails

Comparison Of FTP File Time With Local File Time Fails
I have a VB application that needs to download a file from an FTP server
only if it is newer than the one on the local machine. I am using the
WinInet API call 'FtpFindFirstFile' to obtain the last modified time of the
file on the FTP server. I then use the Win32 API function
'FileTimeToLocalFileTime' in the application to convert this time to the
local time zone. Then I make a call  'FileTimeToSystemTime ' to get the
result in the system time format. I then compare the result with the last
modified time of the same file on the local machine.

It has been observed that even if the file on the local machine is uploaded
on to the FTP site and the above process is used, the file times do not
match.

I encountered the articles listed below, but cannot figure out where I am
wrong nor what I should do.

Please help!

Peter Lever.

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;EN-US;q167296

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;EN-US;q190315

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;EN-US;Q158588

Sat, 19 Jun 2004 14:02:19 GMT

1. Set local system time to file server time

2. File time comparison error

3. File Date/Time from Unix ftp Server

4. FTP multiple files at a time

5. Getting File Date/Time via FTP

6. How to get server's time rather than the time of local machine

7. Convert Universal times and Local Times

8. System Time to File Time Error

9. Send local ZIP file to FTP server

10. FTP : append distant file to local one

11. How the delete the file cache while copying a file several times

12. File Creation Date/Time of an open file