activeX won't download, even though security set to low
Author Message
 activeX won't download, even though security set to low

I have a user with IE4 (latest, just installed) on win95.

He is attempting to download an activeX doc from my site.

I don't have all the certificates and such setup yet for my activeX
stuff, so I had him set his security level to low.  This didn't work.

It said that his browser security did not allow an activeX control to
be installed.

Then I had him add my fixed ip address to his Trusted sites zone.

When he added the ip address, it didn't show up in the area where the
ip addresses are shown.

When he tried to add it again, even though it didn't show up, it said
it was already added.

When I add an ip address like http://www.*-*-*.com/ on my NT IE4, it
shows up in the security screen with no problems.

I just don't understand what he can be doing wrong.  When I do this on
one of my machines, I have no problems at all.

--

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Platform Manager won't connect even though ActiveSync works fine

2. IE4.0 not allowing ActiveX docs to load (even with low security)

3. VBA doesn't see a report ctrl as Null even though it is

4. StillExecuting returning False even though query hasn't finished

5. ActiveX control won't distribute unless security turned down

6. ActiveX control won't download

7. ActiveX control won't download

8. Help as to why my ActiveX control won't download thru IE

9. VB5 ActiveX Doc Won't Download. HELPPPPP

10. Db opening Exclusive even though I say Shared

11. Access 97 Won't Quit even after environment cleaned up

12. VB Executables Change Even Though Source Does Not