How to get the whole chunk?
Author Message
 How to get the whole chunk?

I`m using the Microsoft Internet Transfer Control 6.0
Because I don't know how to get the chunk size, I`m using the following
code:

Do
    SourceCode = SourceCode + Inet.GetChunk(256)
Loop Until Inet.GetChunk(256) = ""

The problem is - sometimes a character just disappears...

What is the problem?

Tue, 15 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to get the whole chunk?
You code throws away every other 256 byte section of the file.  The Loop Unil statement actually
executes GetChunk and then tests the returned information.  It doesn't save it.

Stu

Quote:

>I`m using the Microsoft Internet Transfer Control 6.0
>Because I don't know how to get the chunk size, I`m using the following
>code:

>Do
>    SourceCode = SourceCode + Inet.GetChunk(256)
>Loop Until Inet.GetChunk(256) = ""

>The problem is - sometimes a character just disappears...

>What is the problem?

Thu, 17 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to get the whole chunk?
So what is the right way to get the page?
Do I need to use a loop or there is a better way?

Quote:
> You code throws away every other 256 byte section of the file.  The Loop

Unil statement actually
Quote:
> executes GetChunk and then tests the returned information.  It doesn't
save it.

> Stu

> >I`m using the Microsoft Internet Transfer Control 6.0
> >Because I don't know how to get the chunk size, I`m using the following
> >code:

> >Do
> >    SourceCode = SourceCode + Inet.GetChunk(256)
> >Loop Until Inet.GetChunk(256) = ""

> >The problem is - sometimes a character just disappears...

> >What is the problem?

Thu, 17 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to get the whole chunk?
            varData = Inet1.GetChunk(1024,
icString)

            txtConetnts = vbNullString

            Do While LenB(varData) > 0
                txtConetnts = txtConetnts &
varData

                varData = Inet1.GetChunk(1024,
icString)
            Loop

Quote:
> So what is the right way to get the page?
> Do I need to use a loop or there is a better
way?

message

Quote:
> > You code throws away every other 256 byte

section of the file.  The Loop
Quote:
> Unil statement actually
> > executes GetChunk and then tests the returned

information.  It doesn't
Quote:
> save it.

> > Stu

> > >I`m using the Microsoft Internet Transfer
Control 6.0
> > >Because I don't know how to get the chunk

size, I`m using the following

Quote:
> > >code:

> > >Do
> > >    SourceCode = SourceCode + Inet.GetChunk
(256)
> > >Loop Until Inet.GetChunk(256) = ""

> > >The problem is - sometimes a character just
disappears...

> > >What is the problem?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 30 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting Whole Raw RFC-822 Message Body

2. Getting a whole record.

3. MSINET.OpenURL not getting whole file

4. Append Chunk Function never appends to memo field

5. Copying a specific chunk of text

6. Reading binary "Blobs" or chunks

7. whats the best way to parse a string and return 255 characters chunks

8. ADO & Chunks

9. Chunk of code ...

10. Chunk of code ...

11. Fix for Append Chunk Problem