Open New Window on Modified Web Browser
Author Message
 Open New Window on Modified Web Browser

I make a simple web browser - but somehow, when I hit a hyperlink that open
a new window - it will launch my IE. Anybody know, how to make a new window
on a modified web browser ?

Thu, 02 Oct 2003 14:33:50 GMT
 Open New Window on Modified Web Browser
Hi,

Yasir Fikri schrieb:

Quote:
> I make a simple web browser - but somehow, when I hit a hyperlink that open
> a new window - it will launch my IE. Anybody know, how to make a new window
> on a modified web browser ?

HTH

Chris

--
Christopher Kleinheitz Offenburg Germany
http://jahresarbeit.virtualave.net

Thu, 02 Oct 2003 14:58:55 GMT
 Open New Window on Modified Web Browser

Quote:
>I make a simple web browser - but somehow, when I hit a hyperlink that open
>a new window - it will launch my IE. Anybody know, how to make a new window
>on a modified web browser ?

Here's how I did it -

Assume existing form (window) name is frmMain, this will create a new
instance of the form (window):

Dim frmNew As New frmMain

Then:
frmNew.WebBrowser1.RegisterAsBrowser = True
Set ppDisp = frmNew.WebBrowser1.object
frmNew.Visible = True

I also added (to remind me the new window is a clone)
In NavigateComplete2:
If Forms.Count > 1 Then Me.Caption = Me.Caption & Space(10) & "THIS IS
A CLONED FORM! (clone # " & Forms.Count - 1 & ")"

Works great for me.

SCL

Thu, 02 Oct 2003 23:46:24 GMT
 Open New Window on Modified Web Browser
Hi,

SCL schrieb:

Quote:
> Here's how I did it -

> Dim frmNew As New frmMain

> Then:
> frmNew.WebBrowser1.RegisterAsBrowser = True
> Set ppDisp = frmNew.WebBrowser1.object
> frmNew.Visible = True

I assume you do this in frmOld.WebBrowser1_NewWindow2. MSDN says ppDisp has no
URL.
Does that really work on your computer?

TIA

Chris

--
Christopher Kleinheitz Offenburg Germany
http://jahresarbeit.virtualave.net
"Der Dienst wird mit der dem Wesen des Eisenbahnbetriebs entsprechenden
Raschheit, aber ohne berstrzung
ausgefhrt" Dienstvorschrift 408 der Bahn

Fri, 03 Oct 2003 00:12:23 GMT
 Open New Window on Modified Web Browser
On Sun, 15 Apr 2001 18:12:23 +0200, Christopher Kleinheitz

Quote:

>Hi,

>SCL schrieb:

>> Here's how I did it -

>> Dim frmNew As New frmMain

>> Then:
>> frmNew.WebBrowser1.RegisterAsBrowser = True
>> Set ppDisp = frmNew.WebBrowser1.object
>> frmNew.Visible = True

>I assume you do this in frmOld.WebBrowser1_NewWindow2. MSDN says ppDisp has no
>URL.
>Does that really work on your computer?

Yes, in WebBrowser_NewWindow2

Basically ppDisp with no parameter ensures calling IE. We give it a
new identity: (frmNew.WebBrowser1.object contains the string
"Microsoft Web Browser Control", and send it off. It has nothing to do
with URL's.

SCL

Sat, 04 Oct 2003 03:19:20 GMT

1. Web Browser: Opening link in new Web Browser window

2. Keeping new windows withing the Web Browser Control and Not Opening in New Window

3. !!!!!!!New Window in Web Browser Control!!!!!!

4. New Window on Web Browser

5. Opening a new browser window with VB.NET

6. Open new browser window??? HELP

7. Opening New Browser Window via ActiveX Button

8. open browser in new window

9. Opening a new browser window?

10. Open new maximised browser window

11. open new browser window

12. how to prevent new browser windows opening