Creating an Explorer Bar in Visual Basic
Author Message
 Creating an Explorer Bar in Visual Basic

Hi

Has anyone had any experience in creating a Explorer Bar in IE4 or IE5?

We know how to create a bar that displays an html page, but we would like to
work out how to write an ActiveX Dll and have that run in the explorer bar
instead.  What properties can be exposed by doing this?

If anyone has any information that they are willing to tell us, I would be
extremely grateful!

Regards
Chris Priest
Senior Programmer
Internet UK Services Ltd

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating an Explorer Bar in Visual Basic
I may be missing the point, but WSH will create an object for your dll.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/windowshost/default.htm

--
mvp Mark L. Ferguson Please reply in newsgroup
marfers notes for OE 5 > (16K) http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm

Quote:

> Hi

> Has anyone had any experience in creating a Explorer Bar in IE4 or IE5?

> We know how to create a bar that displays an html page, but we would like to
> work out how to write an ActiveX Dll and have that run in the explorer bar
> instead.  What properties can be exposed by doing this?

> If anyone has any information that they are willing to tell us, I would be
> extremely grateful!

> Regards
> Chris Priest
> Senior Programmer
> Internet UK Services Ltd

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating an Explorer Bar in Visual Basic
Hi Mark

thanks for the info, but I'm trying to work on writing a dll that we can
distribute (with an installer) that will install on a users local system and
integrate it'self with IE

Regards
Chris

I may be missing the point, but WSH will create an object for your dll.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/windowshost/default.htm

--
mvp Mark L. Ferguson Please reply in newsgroup
marfers notes for OE 5 > (16K)
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm

Quote:
> Hi

> Has anyone had any experience in creating a Explorer Bar in IE4 or IE5?

> We know how to create a bar that displays an html page, but we would like
> work out how to write an ActiveX Dll and have that run in the explorer bar
> instead.  What properties can be exposed by doing this?

> If anyone has any information that they are willing to tell us, I would be
> extremely grateful!

> Regards
> Chris Priest
> Senior Programmer
> Internet UK Services Ltd

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating an Explorer Bar in Visual Basic
This may have something for you:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/c-frame.htm#/workshop/delivery/def...

--
mvp Mark L. Ferguson Please reply in newsgroup
marfers notes for OE 5 > (16K) http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm

Quote:

> Hi Mark

> thanks for the info, but I'm trying to work on writing a dll that we can
> distribute (with an installer) that will install on a users local system and
> integrate it'self with IE

> Regards
> Chris

> I may be missing the point, but WSH will create an object for your dll.

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/windowshost/default.htm

> --
> mvp Mark L. Ferguson Please reply in newsgroup
> marfers notes for OE 5 > (16K)
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm

> > Hi

> > Has anyone had any experience in creating a Explorer Bar in IE4 or IE5?

> > We know how to create a bar that displays an html page, but we would like
> > work out how to write an ActiveX Dll and have that run in the explorer bar
> > instead.  What properties can be exposed by doing this?

> > If anyone has any information that they are willing to tell us, I would be
> > extremely grateful!

> > Regards
> > Chris Priest
> > Senior Programmer
> > Internet UK Services Ltd

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating an Explorer Bar in Visual Basic
Hey Chris-

    I was also working on a similar problem. I can create the HTML Explorer
Bar fine, (Actually I'm going to feature the source code for it in a few
weeks on my web page), with no problems. It's rather just a matter of adding
registry entries. Since you got this far, that part was probably of no use
to you. :)
    I got a handy URL here somewhere, I'll post a follow up in a few hours
with the URL, that describes how to create a DLL in C++ that makes an
explorer bar. Since I'm not the 'biggest' C++ programmer out there, it's
taking a while to translate this source code I got for C++. If you'd like
more information on the subject, feel free to e-mail me, maybe we can both
work on a VB Solution for creating Explorer Bars.

Best of Luck!

-Rick

--
Ricky Harjes
Visual Basic e-Certified Professional

| Hi
|
| Has anyone had any experience in creating a Explorer Bar in IE4 or IE5?
|
| We know how to create a bar that displays an html page, but we would like
| work out how to write an ActiveX Dll and have that run in the explorer bar
| instead.  What properties can be exposed by doing this?
|
| If anyone has any information that they are willing to tell us, I would be
| extremely grateful!
|
| Regards
| Chris Priest
| Senior Programmer
| Internet UK Services Ltd

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating an Explorer Bar in Visual Basic
I have done a lot of work with the explorer bar in VC++. Although it
is not trivial in any case, it has to be much easier to do it in VC++
than in VB. I don't understand why one would insist on doing it in VB.

If you have gotten as far as putting an HTML page on the bar already,
wouldn't you be able to embed an ActiveX control on that page and use
it?

Maybe I'm missing the point, but exactly what are you trying to
achieve?

Hanyu Xiao

Mon, 25 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Explorer Bar and Visual Basic

2. Creating an Explorer Shell Extension with Visual Basic

3. Activating the Internet Explorer address bar with VBA or Word Basic

4. Can VB be used to create an IE Explorer Bar

5. How to create Explorer style bar (resizing)

6. Creating Custom Explorer Bars

7. Creating an Explorer Bar in VB

8. Creating Custom Explorer Bars

9. Can I create an explorer bar in VB?

10. How to create IE 4.0 explorer menu bar ???

11. Creating an Explorer Bar in VB

12. How to create IE 4.0 explorer menu bar ???