WebBrowser control and IE
Author Message
 WebBrowser control and IE

What happens if I install an application that uses the WebBrowser control ,
on a machine which does not have IE 3.x ? Will it work if the user has IE
4.0 ? What if the user doesn't have any version of IE - will it work if he
has only Netscape ??

Thanks.
Priya
Trisoft Design
E 30 Connaught Place
New Delhi 110 001 - India
Tel: 372 5407, 373 8651, 373 8653 Fax: 372 5407

Internet: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 06 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 WebBrowser control and IE

Thanks for the information .

Regards,
Priya
Trisoft Design
E 30 Connaught Place
New Delhi 110 001 - India
Tel: 372 5407, 373 8651, 373 8653 Fax: 372 5407

Internet:http://www.spindia.com/

Quote:
> Here is the deal. Do not install it on someones machine with IE3 if you
are
> installing IE4 control. If you have IE4 and are installing an IE3 control
> version checking should correct it and not install over it (don't trust
it).

> Third, it is a worthless control without IE and therefore you should not
> have it included with your install. They should either have it or have it
> (IE) as a part of your istall program.

> Hope this helps.

> Ben

> >What happens if I install an application that uses the WebBrowser
control ,
> >on a machine which does not have IE 3.x ? Will it work if the user has
IE
> >4.0 ? What if the user doesn't have any version of IE - will it work if
he
> >has only Netscape ??

> >Thanks.
> >Priya
> >Trisoft Design
> >E 30 Connaught Place
> >New Delhi 110 001 - India
> >Tel: 372 5407, 373 8651, 373 8653 Fax: 372 5407

> >Internet:http://www.spindia.com/

Mon, 08 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 WebBrowser control and IE

Here is the deal. Do not install it on someones machine with IE3 if you are
installing IE4 control. If you have IE4 and are installing an IE3 control
version checking should correct it and not install over it (don't trust it).

Third, it is a worthless control without IE and therefore you should not
have it included with your install. They should either have it or have it
(IE) as a part of your istall program.

Hope this helps.

Ben

Quote:

>What happens if I install an application that uses the WebBrowser control ,
>on a machine which does not have IE 3.x ? Will it work if the user has IE
>4.0 ? What if the user doesn't have any version of IE - will it work if he
>has only Netscape ??

>Thanks.
>Priya
>Trisoft Design
>E 30 Connaught Place
>New Delhi 110 001 - India
>Tel: 372 5407, 373 8651, 373 8653 Fax: 372 5407

>Internet:http://www.spindia.com/

Mon, 08 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Bug in the WebBrowser control with IE 5.5 (Urgent please O:-)

2. Webbrowser Control without IE

3. WebBrowser control and IE

4. Webbrowser Control Vs Ie - Speed Problem

5. Webbrowser Control without IE

6. WebBrowser controls and IE

7. WebBrowser Control for IE 5.x : DocumentComplete Event Bug?

8. IE IFrame/WebBrowser control cross-frame security breech

9. Webbrowser control problem with IE

10. IE Favorites & WebBrowser Control

11. IE 3.0 WebBrowser control usage problems

12. Printing frames with IE 4.0 using WebBrowser Control