Creating a web browser from VB5 using ActiveX document .exe - With Access Database
Author Message
 Creating a web browser from VB5 using ActiveX document .exe - With Access Database

I am creating an activeX doucment exe in VB5 for use as a web browser,
using an
existing Access database.

I wish to be able to query the database on a remote server and return
the
results to the client machine, I do not want to write to the remote
database.

My problem is that I am not able to open the database using the remote
servers
IP address without using ODBC, does anyone now if it is possible to do
this
without using ODBC.  I do not want to make the database on the server an
SQL
SERVER database as an exiting system uses this database.

Happy New Year
Thanks in advance.

Caroline.

Tue, 20 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ActiveX Document Exe ---> WEB

2. Using VB Script to execute an EXE file from a Web Browser

3. Web browser control, .Document object browser/viewer?

4. VB5 to ActiveX Document on Web Page

5. Help creating ActiveX control to be used in a browser

6. ActiveX documents, access DB, and UNIX web servers

7. How do you create an ActiveX Document Server in VB5

8. Question on getting my program using Web browser to access

9. Help: Talking to VB5 created ActiveX controls via Scripts in Web Page

10. Reading PARAM in VB5 ActiveX Document using IE4

11. Accessing IE Frames from VB5 ActiveX Documents

12. Create a Word document using VB5