Webbrowser control in VB6
Author Message
 Webbrowser control in VB6

I am using a Webbrowser control in my application just to programmatically
view local Word documents & worksheets using the navigate method. This works
fine. Switching from one doc to another works fine. However when I make
changes and switch to another doc I get a dialog asking whether I want to
save changes or not. I do not want this dialog to appear, since I never want
to allow changes to be saved. The webbrowser.silent prop does not seem to
solve the problem. Any suggestions?

Sat, 14 Aug 2004 19:16:42 GMT
 Webbrowser control in VB6
This behaviour is by design. It is not the web browser asking this, it is
the corresponding application object that was used to open the document
(Word or Excel). There is no way around it, I'm afraid, except for not
allowing changes to the document.

Fortune&Glory,
Robert

Quote:
> I am using a Webbrowser control in my application just to programmatically
> view local Word documents & worksheets using the navigate method. This
works
> fine. Switching from one doc to another works fine. However when I make
> changes and switch to another doc I get a dialog asking whether I want to
> save changes or not. I do not want this dialog to appear, since I never
want
> to allow changes to be saved. The webbrowser.silent prop does not seem to
> solve the problem. Any suggestions?

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 00:40:34 GMT
 Webbrowser control in VB6
Robert said: "except for not
allowing changes to the document."

How do you not allow changes? - I tried setting the
attributes to read only but it still asked if I wanted to
Save As.

Steve

Quote:

Mon, 16 Aug 2004 05:26:28 GMT
 Webbrowser control in VB6
That would mean programmatically intercepting any interaction (keypress,
click, mousedown, etc.) with the web browser object to prevent users going
into the document.

Fortune&Glory,
Robert

Quote:
> Robert said: "except for not
> allowing changes to the document."

> How do you not allow changes? - I tried setting the
> attributes to read only but it still asked if I wanted to
> Save As.

> Steve

Mon, 16 Aug 2004 14:27:01 GMT
 Webbrowser control in VB6
Set the "Saved" property of the current document to TRUE before navigation
(BeforeNavigate2 Event).

If TypeName(Webbrowser1.Document) = "Document" Then
Webbrowser1.Document.Saved = True

Regards, Daniel

Quote:
> I am using a Webbrowser control in my application just to programmatically
> view local Word documents & worksheets using the navigate method. This
works
> fine. Switching from one doc to another works fine. However when I make
> changes and switch to another doc I get a dialog asking whether I want to
> save changes or not. I do not want this dialog to appear, since I never
want
> to allow changes to be saved. The webbrowser.silent prop does not seem to
> solve the problem. Any suggestions?

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 21:27:07 GMT

1. WebBrowser without WebBrowser Control in VB6 ?

2. WebBrowser control on VB6 control???

3. HowTo: How do you change the fonts on the webbrowser control in VB6

4. Interacting with Frames in WebBrowser Control of VB6

5. HELP - WebBrowser Control in VB6

6. HowTo: How do you change the fonts on the webbrowser control in VB6

7. How to Print from the Microsoft WebBrowser Control using VB6?

8. How do I get raw HTML from WebBrowser control in VB6?

9. WebBrowser Control (VB5, VB6) & window.external. Possible?

10. VB6 and WebBrowser control

11. VB6 webbrowser Control and Web base NT Login Automation

12. VB6: supporting documentation for Webbrowser control?