Urgent! ActiveX Control crashing Win98 clients
Author Message
 Urgent! ActiveX Control crashing Win98 clients

Hi, I've developped an ActiveX control with VB6 that seems
to make clients with Win98 crash.

What bothers me is that the .ocx is really simple (it
looks for a path in the registry and execute an .exe file
alreay installed on the client with a shell command)

The Package include the following resources:

VB6 run-time and OLE Automation, ADVAPI32.dll (for the
registry part), Msstkprp.dll (that I will remove since I
think it's only used for design-time... but it was in the
package when it crashed) and my .ocx.

The crash occured like this:  the client goes to the page
with the control, IE downloads it, Windows ask to be
reboot (the other OS I tried don't ask to be reboot) then
when the client reboot and goes back to the site, it
downloads again ask again to be reboot and crash.

Any help would be greatly appreciated on this urgent
matter.

Thank you.
.

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 02:32:15 GMT
[...]

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 02:34:45 GMT

1. Urgent! ActiveX Control crashing Win98 clients

2. VB Client creating many ActiveX EXE objects crashes

3. ActiveX control crashes Excel and ActiveX test container

4. ActiveX control crashes Excel and ActiveX test container

5. Changing Properties of ActiveX Control In FP Crashes the control

6. IE 4.7 / Win98 VRML ActiveX Control

7. IE 4.7 / Win98 VRML ActiveX Control

8. (ActiveX) Control Toolbox crashing Outlook 2000

9. Custom ActiveX controls cause MS-Office 2000 forms to crash

10. Word2000 crashes with custom VB6 ActiveX Control

11. VB ActiveX Control crashes in Excel

12. GetObject() crashes when loading a word doc containing an ActiveX control