Overriding IE help
Author Message
 Overriding IE help

I want to override Internet Explorer (V4) help so that when the user presses
F1, you get context sensitive help on my VBD.  Is there any way of doing
this?

Sun, 04 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Overriding IE help

Oz,

You can do this using VBScript

<SCRIPT LANGUANG="VBScript">
    Sub document_onhelp()
        ' get the source element by using
        Set obj = window.event.srcElement

        ' Very important to over ride IE4 help
        window.event.cancelBubble = True
    End Sub
</SCRIPT>

Hope this helps,
Nick

Quote:

>I want to override Internet Explorer (V4) help so that when the user
presses
>F1, you get context sensitive help on my VBD.  Is there any way of doing
>this?

Tue, 06 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP: VBScripting in IE 4 vs. IE 3.02

2. Nubee Needs Help I.E. Current http Address

3. I.E. from VB 4 - Instead of a help file

4. HELP HELP HELP, Need help, in IE Control

5. Overriding Arithmetic Operators (help!)

6. HELP: Overriding Control Event handler(s)

7. Help - can't override win98 system sounds!

8. HELP: Overriding Control Event handler(s)

9. IE 5.01/IE 5.5?

10. Active X controls not working in IE 5.5 but works in IE 6.0

11. IE Automation - Responding to IE Events from VB.

12. Can't position control at top left (0,0) of I.E.