WinSock : Connect failed, .State = sckError
Author Message
 WinSock : Connect failed, .State = sckError

Hello,

I'm trying to use the WinSock control for C/S application.
On the same machine, the client and the server run normaly.

But, when the client is separate from the server application :
On the server, the Winsock_ConnectionRequest appear
On the client the WinSock.State return sckError.

Why

My configuration
Server software on W2000 Wks SP3, with Symantec Client Firewall disabled
Client software on W NT4 SP6a
Network : W 2000 Server with ISA Server
VB Version : VB 6 SP5

Help me, please help me !

Gislain.

Sat, 24 Dec 2005 16:34:47 GMT
 WinSock : Connect failed, .State = sckError
Hi Gislain

Maybe you will get a hint by putting the line
a$ = Description
into the sub Winsock1_Error

Regards
Peter

Quote:
> Hello,

> I'm trying to use the WinSock control for C/S application.
> On the same machine, the client and the server run normaly.

> But, when the client is separate from the server application :
> On the server, the Winsock_ConnectionRequest appear
> On the client the WinSock.State return sckError.

> Why

> My configuration
> Server software on W2000 Wks SP3, with Symantec Client Firewall disabled
> Client software on W NT4 SP6a
> Network : W 2000 Server with ISA Server
> VB Version : VB 6 SP5

> Help me, please help me !

> Gislain.

Sun, 25 Dec 2005 03:03:30 GMT
 WinSock : Connect failed, .State = sckError
Hi,

I solve my problem, but the solution is not very well...
When the event ConnectionRequest  arrived on the server, i send data "Hello,
i am the server' to the client, and the client run normally, the connection
is ok.

Someone could explain why ?

Thank's
Gislain

Quote:
> Hi Gislain

> Maybe you will get a hint by putting the line
> a$ = Description
> into the sub Winsock1_Error

> Regards
> Peter

> > Hello,

> > I'm trying to use the WinSock control for C/S application.
> > On the same machine, the client and the server run normaly.

> > But, when the client is separate from the server application :
> > On the server, the Winsock_ConnectionRequest appear
> > On the client the WinSock.State return sckError.

> > Why

> > My configuration
> > Server software on W2000 Wks SP3, with Symantec Client Firewall disabled
> > Client software on W NT4 SP6a
> > Network : W 2000 Server with ISA Server
> > VB Version : VB 6 SP5

> > Help me, please help me !

> > Gislain.

Sun, 25 Dec 2005 17:14:04 GMT

1. problems to connect, winsock.state = 6 ??

2. Winsock - Connect fails 10049

3. Winsock Control Not Connecting and Staying in Status 6 (Connecting)

4. examples of ScriptControl.State = Connected ?

5. examples of ScriptControl.State = Connected ?

6. Winsock.state?

7. Winsock - Clearing the buffer when .State=sckClosing

8. Winsock - Clearing the buffer when .State=sckClosing

9. Winsock State

10. Winsock.state?

11. VB6: Winsock error - Invalid Oporation at Current State

12. what is each number in winsock state mean ?