FTP ASCII Transfers
Author Message
 FTP ASCII Transfers

Hi,

I'm using an Inet component in my application, and performing FTP transfers
using the Execute() method.  I need to change the transfer mode to ASCII
before beginning the transfer (the data is plain text but coming across as
gobbldygook).  In a normal FTP session I would type "ASCII" before the
GET/PUT command to accomplish this, but I cannot figure out a way to do it
using the Inet component.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike

Wed, 10 Dec 2003 03:55:32 GMT
 FTP ASCII Transfers
Mike,

According to what I've seen, the control doesn't support ASCII transfers, only
binary. Are you transferring to/from a server that uses the EBCDIC cgharacter
set (used by IBM & ICL mainframes amongst others). If so, you'll probably have
to use the API calls. Look in MSDN for InternetOpen, InternetConnect,
FtpGetFile & FtpPutFile. There is also a sample VB FTP application in the
Microsoft Knowledge Base - but I can't remember the article number.

Hope this helps,
Geoff Marsh

Quote:

> Hi,

> I'm using an Inet component in my application, and performing FTP transfers
> using the Execute() method.  I need to change the transfer mode to ASCII
> before beginning the transfer (the data is plain text but coming across as
> gobbldygook).  In a normal FTP session I would type "ASCII" before the
> GET/PUT command to accomplish this, but I cannot figure out a way to do it
> using the Inet component.  Any suggestions?

> Thanks,
> Mike

Thu, 11 Dec 2003 04:02:11 GMT

1. FTP ASCII transfer

2. Forcing Inet to use ftp ASCII transfer

3. source code for FTP ASCII transfer.

4. ASCII ftp transfer

5. How do I transfer using ASCII in FTP

6. Internet Transfer Control and ASCII FTP

7. get unreable text file when using Internet Transfer Control to ftp(get) ascii fi

8. Ascii FTP Transfer

9. source code for FTP ASCII file transfer

10. ASCII FTP Using Internet Transfer Control

11. Internet Transfer Control - FTP ASCII Files

12. Ftp of ASCII files using Internet transfer Control