Winsock and SMTP protocol
Author Message
 Winsock and SMTP protocol

I use Winsock to send e-mail with SMTP. I can send e-mail correctly, but the
problem is when the person receive the e-mail, there is not the e-mail
address from the sender... Anyone can help me and tell me where I can put
the e-mail address from the sender in the dialog with the server ? I'm
waiting for you help. Thanks very much.

Philippe Mayor

Mon, 01 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Winsock and SMTP protocol

Quote:
> I use Winsock to send e-mail with SMTP. I can send e-mail correctly, but the
> problem is when the person receive the e-mail, there is not the e-mail
> address from the sender... Anyone can help me and tell me where I can put
> the e-mail address from the sender in the dialog with the server ? I'm
> waiting for you help. Thanks very much.

Hello.

After you have send the DATA command you should send a header with
to,from and subject.

Correct steps for the SMTP protocol:

HELO
MAIL FROM:
RCPT TO:
DATA
(Header)
(Message)
.
QUIT (if done)

(Header) Should be like:
To: djdjdjdj
From: djdjdjd
Subject: djdjdjdj

(Message) is your message

Regards,
  Jonas
  http://surf.to/VbArea

Tue, 02 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. SMTP Protocol and VB5

2. SMTP Protocol and VB5

3. SMTP and POP3 Protocol Specifications WHERE!!!

4. Broadcast protocol with Winsock control?

5. MS Winsock = Multiple Protocol Problem

6. making use of the tcp-protocol (winsock) in vb6

7. Winsock and VB 5. the UDP protocol

8. Winsock: Source Code Inc. For Finger Protocol

9. Winsock UDP Protocol Help

10. TCP/IP protocol property in Winsock

11. VB6 Winsock Control and FTP protocol

12. Winsock Control Protocol and Multiple connections