GetChunk with POST, Why does this not work?
Author Message
 GetChunk with POST, Why does this not work?

Private Sub Command1_Click()
frmMain.Inet1.AccessType = AccessType
If AccessType = 2 Then frmMain.Inet1.Proxy = Proxy

Dim strURL As String, strFormData As String
strURL = "http://bill/test.asp"
strFormData = "MyVar=ThisIsTheValueOfMyVar
frmMain.Inet1.Execute strURL, "POST", strFormData
End Sub

Private Sub Inet1_StateChanged(ByVal State As Integer)
    Dim vtData As Variant       ' Data variable.
    Select Case State
     ' Other cases not shown.  .
    Case icResponseCompleted

        ' Get the first chunk
        vtData = Inet1.GetChunk(1024, icString)
        Do While LenB(vtData) > 0
            Debug.Print vtData
            vtData = Inet1.GetChunk(1024, icString)
            Loop
            Debug.Print vtData

        End Select
End Sub

Here is the ASP code (test.asp)

<%
response.write("This text is returned ok" & chr(10))

'The following works from a form on a web page but by GetChunk in VB
for each item in request.form
response.write(chr(10) & item & "=" & request.form(item))
next
%>

This asp page works fine if called from an HTML page. It returns the form
variables and values.
If I call it from VB, it does not return the form POST variables.

Any Ideas?
Bill MacIntyre
Moncton NB Canada

Sat, 19 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 GetChunk with POST, Why does this not work?
Nevermind, I guessed it must be another Microsoft bug and it is:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q167/7/06.asp

Bill MacIntyre
Moncton NB Canada

Sat, 19 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Why DCOM ActiveX Exe is Working and ActiveX Dll is not working

2. Herlp: LIKE in SQL doe not work anymore

3. Post to Public Folder not working

4. Large data posts not working??

5. POST method NOT WORKING... pls help

6. Inet control does not work with POST method ?

7. HTTP POST not working

8. .update not working (cross post from access.dataaccess.pages)

9. Why not working?

10. Why does the following code not work?

11. this code does not work, why?

12. !Not working can't see why!!