Instantiate INET ctl without form ...
Author Message
 Instantiate INET ctl without form ...

greetings ...

    ... I am trying to automate a project that will d/l files from an ftp
site.  I want to use VBScript, and to complicate things even more, I don't
want to use a form.  I'm looking for the ?Class? from below:

    dim oInet as object
    set oInet = CreateObject("?Class?.INET")

    ... any help would be greatly appreciated.

    ... if anyone could point me to the place that I could find this
information on any COM enabled app, that would be helpful too (in that I
wouldn't have to ask a question like this again -- grin).

    ... thanks in advance.

Regards,
~Don

Sat, 26 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Instantiate INET ctl without form ...
CreateObject("InetCtls.Inet")

Quote:
> greetings ...

>     ... I am trying to automate a project that will d/l files from an ftp
> site.  I want to use VBScript, and to complicate things even more, I don't
> want to use a form.  I'm looking for the ?Class? from below:

>     dim oInet as object
>     set oInet = CreateObject("?Class?.INET")

>     ... any help would be greatly appreciated.

>     ... if anyone could point me to the place that I could find this
> information on any COM enabled app, that would be helpful too (in that I
> wouldn't have to ask a question like this again -- grin).

>     ... thanks in advance.

> Regards,
> ~Don

Sat, 26 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Instantiate INET ctl without form ...
Email me off-the-list and I will email you a Zip file that shows how to do
this via the WinInet API functions.  Real simple to use - just add the class
module to your existing application and call a few methods.  You don't even
need to know how it works.  :)

--
Regards,

Gregory Silvano
http://www.codehound.com
Free Internet Search Engine for VB Developers

Quote:
> greetings ...

>     ... I am trying to automate a project that will d/l files from an ftp
> site.  I want to use VBScript, and to complicate things even more, I don't
> want to use a form.  I'm looking for the ?Class? from below:

>     dim oInet as object
>     set oInet = CreateObject("?Class?.INET")

>     ... any help would be greatly appreciated.

>     ... if anyone could point me to the place that I could find this
> information on any COM enabled app, that would be helpful too (in that I
> wouldn't have to ask a question like this again -- grin).

>     ... thanks in advance.

> Regards,
> ~Don

Tue, 29 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Instantiating user defined control file .ctl

2. Using the INET Control Without a Form

3. Using INET control without a form

4. Using INET control without having a form

5. Use Inet control without a form?

6. Inet 6 ctl and 'Post'

7. Multithreading Download with MS inet trf ctl

8. Instantiating IE Without Toolbars

9. instantiate an activex class from a specified .DLL file, without registering that file

10. Q: VB4: Forms without titlebar, gfx without form?

11. Bizarre results: register-ctl+subform+dropdown-ctl

12. New ActiveX ctl to extend existing ActiveX Ctl