ActiveX document file did not work on client machine
Author Message
 ActiveX document file did not work on client machine

Dear experts:

I created some activeX document *.vbd files in my NT server machine and
setup
under IIS web server. Every thing looks fine. The activeX documents work
fine
in server machine, but just did not work on client machine try to access
it
over intranet.

  Here are what exactly happened:

  From client machine, when click on ActiveX document site, pop up
windows
shows following error messages:

       " You have chosen to download a file from this location:

          docClient.vbd from www.bss.com

        What would you like to do with this file?

          1.  Open this file from it's current location?
          2.  Save this file to disk"

     where "docClient.vbd" is my ActiveX document,"www.bss.com" is NT
web
server site.

  This is not suppose to be. As the test, I choise "open file from
current
location", error message show up as:

       "C:\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\FWMMST9U\docClient.vbd

            ACCESS TO THE SPECIFIED DEVICE, PATH, OR FILE IS DENIED"

   Needless to say, when I save file to disk, file can not be opened,
error message shows:

      docClient.vbd is not a valid Win32 application file.

What problem like this? I already tried most of "Q167380" report's list
(see
seperated e-mail), including setup file by VB Setup Wizard, set binary
compatibility and low level safety for browser, but still did not work.
Since
I haven't set up the internet site yet, so I couln't test it through
internet
web site (I use window NT and IE 4.0 browser).

Does any one encountered similar problem? How to fix it?

Thanks for help.

L. Chen

Thu, 13 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ActiveX document file did not work on client machine

You can find all your answers in the Package and Deployment Wizard that
comes along with VBasic.   All you have to do is create a CAB file and a
HTML page that hosts your ActiveX Document.  With the P&DWizard you can
automatically construct your page.

When you access the page the very first time from the client through http
your system installs the dll of your Activex Document that is contained in
the CABinet file.

Read the help of the P&DWizard and you will find the solution

Hope it helps

Andres Garcia
Bucaramanga, Colombia

Mon, 01 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ******** activex document won't work on client machine ***********

2. Activex Document on clients machines

3. Activex Document on Clients machine

4. Activex Document on clients machines

5. URGENT HELP REQUIRE===>Does not work on client machine

6. activex control does not work on few machines

7. ActiveX control does not work on other machines

8. Activex Document exe running on client not server.

9. ActiveX Document not loading on Client

10. ACTIVEX DOCUMENTS DOES NOT WORK!!!

11. TAB key not working with ActiveX Document in IE

12. ACTIVEX DOCUMENT DOES NOT WORK!!!